Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. inkjet cartridges for sublimation?
    By asub in forum Printers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-11-2012, 08:55 AM
  2. inkjet printer
    By Paul in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-05-2012, 05:58 PM
  3. Sublimation, Inkjet, DTG, or Screen Printing ??
    By ArtMonkey in forum Clothing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-05-2012, 11:06 PM
  4. New Printer - Laser/Inkjet NOT Sublimation
    By Justin in forum Hardware
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 22-09-2011, 11:52 PM
  5. Mug Printing Using Normal Ink and Inkjet Printer
    By Chardless in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The constant ?mark - Is it possible to put sublimation ink into inkjet printer?

Hi Everyone =)

I’m new to this forum and to this “world”, but I think I've found a good topic that people can argue about!

Pardon me now in advance of my lack of knowledge. AND Yes I’m aware of that there’s lots of threads existing with the same content and questions which I’ve red. If you’re a wiseacre don't bother;)

My question was if it was possible to put sublimation ink into an inkjet printer?
    You always get two responses. WHY?!

1 Yes, it works with any printer, just beware of the cost to clean out the ink.

2. Only Ricoh and Epson – So called sublimation printers.
    This is leaving me so confused, I've even started having bad dreams about it haha.
    I met a guy once who used an inkjet Mimaki printer that he changed to sublimation ink and has used it for 10 years?!? The result of the product was great, I have a Ricoh printer so I’ve compared.

I’m living in Sweden, Sweden is far too small for sublimation, people don’t know it exists.
    Therefore it's hard to find both equipment and material but above all knowledge.
    Conclusion - It is difficult to find large format "sublimation" printers in used condition.
    But I can, however, find good quality "normal inkjet" printers such as Mimaki, Mutoh, Roland.

I've found a Mutoh 1604 ValueJet for 4200. I consider it a bloody good deal, correct me if I'm wrong.

Similar to this : http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUTOH-VALUEJ...item23431e2d4d

Sorry for extremely confusing and overloaded post. I'll blame it on my joyful excitement mixed with dyslexia and hope I get away with it.

Puh, now I can sleep. Big Thanks in advance!

/Johanna

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    hi Johanna!
    have you read this read? http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...-Which-Printer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You can only use printers with piezo-electric print heads - most commonly these are made by Epson, or use Epson print heads (Roland, Mutoh, Mimaki) then less commonly there are Ricoh and Brother inkjets. Inkjet printers from other makers use heat in the print head which would sublimate the ink in the printer, rather than allow it to sublimate in the heat press.

Any 'normal' inkjet printer can be used for sublimation if it uses a piezo electric head. If it's used, and has non sublimtion ink in it, you will need to find the function in the printer to drain the existing ink to refill it with the sublimation ink. It's not hard to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul and pisquee for such quick respond! This made my life alot easier:D

I've found out that theese following models can be reinstalled for a DX4 micro piezo head.

• Roland CJ, FJ, SC, SJ, SP, VP, XC, XJ
    • Mutoh Rockhopper II, Rockhopper III, Spitfire, Blizzard
    • Mimaki JV3

Haven't found any information yet regarding the Mutoh VJ 1604.

Guess I have to do Alot of research now and explore....!

Thanks again for being so helpfull :)