Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Novachrome Mug Press test against Xpres Mug press
    By Zipdorf in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 08:07 PM
  2. Ricoh 3300, flat press, mug press complete setup
    By Titan Print Studio in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-12-2012, 11:06 AM
  3. For Sale SENKO CAP PRESS plus plate press and newstar 40 vinyl plotter cutter
    By letsgo in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 11:07 AM
  4. Wanted plate press - latte press- vinyl cutter wanted
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-12-2011, 06:01 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What press to buy?

Hi everyone, I am a newbie. I have not bought any equipment yet. Could I please have anybody's kind advice on this item:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221587327...84.m1438.l2649

any help would be greatly appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 5 in 1 press like this when I first started - absolute poop.

Ended up buying an Adkins Multi Mug Press and an Adkins 'Auto' (flat) press - I can only use this cheap press with the small Plate attachment and that's for Christmas Decorations - you will not be able to sell a cheap one like this on either as we all know what they perform like.

Look for a used 'Branded' press, others will be along with more advice soon I am sure as this is a hot subject amongst the clever people here.

Welcome to the business though - you have a lot to learn (it is fun though).
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like above, i now have 3 presses, 2 chinese and 1 adkins. both chinese press's are surples to requirements and have broken. Adkins press which i paid £500 second hand is going strong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is, I also want to print mugs and plates, so I think set up cost for 3 machines would be too great, I appreciate your help

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You do get what you pay for. Personally I don't believe the All in One presses can do anywhere near as good a job as individual presses. I guess it comes down to budget but you need something that will do the job in the first instance, or, you'll be buying again very soon and will have wasted your money.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might give up on the idea, I did not realise equipment would set me back so much, I think it would take too long to pay for itself! but thanks all the same

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gather the following machine is rubbish too?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3D-Sublim...item4d22f65de9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themojo View Post
    I might give up on the idea, I did not realise equipment would set me back so much, I think it would take too long to pay for itself! but thanks all the same
    If you planing to sell mugs for £1.50 or t-shirts for £5 then yes. It would take ages if at all!
    But if you price your stuff fair you shouldn't have any problems with getting your investment back.
    Only last night I I finished order big enough to afford adkins press (second hand though). So price yourself fair and find some contract locally. you will be alright.

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All in one presses have two disadvantages, apart from being a bit too cheap to be any good, is that you can only do one thing at a time, and if the controller breaks, then you have no presses.
    If you want to do mugs as well as flat items, I would recommend spending the bigger chunk of money on a decent flat bed press, and you can get away with a cheaper quality mug press ... this is what we've done, have 4 expensive flat bed presses, and 4 cheap chinese mug presses

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll steal this thread for a while, sorry!

I've received a quote of £2000 for a brand new Adkins Twin Table Pneumatic press 40x50 cm. It's 17 miles away so I'll be able to fix the transportation myself.
    My plan is to buy a press in the Alpha range within a year. I'm then offered to return the press and get the
    £2000 in discount on the press I choose to buy second.

I need advice, I'm pretty inexperienced - Is this a good deal or not?