Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just Ŗ10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Badges temps/Duration?
    By petedale in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-01-2015, 05:58 PM
  2. texprint and recomended times and temps
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-09-2011, 06:37 PM
  3. Just trying out my new setup
    By harlequeen in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:12 PM
  4. New Setup
    By dj_doubler in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 06:03 PM
  5. times and temps
    By Georgestreets in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-03-2011, 03:25 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with time and temps on new setup

Hey guys

I'm back sublimating mugs, i've got a new setup and playing about with it now but it's not coming out right.

Here's my setup

Epson 1500w A3 Printer
    PIXMAX Mug Press

Xpress sublimation Paper
    {third party ink name removed} Sublimation Ink

Now i'm confused about temp, time and pressure, everyone is different and i'm guessing this is due to the presses used but an indication would be nice.

Also, is there a template / set of colours to print that once you get them right then you know the time, temp and pressure?

Back obviously will go brown if it's pressed too long, so should I just stick to printing a black mug for the moment?

I've also put my temperature reader on the press and the temp is not consistent throughout the element, the ends appear to be lower than the middle.

My indication is that the mug needs to get to 190ēc in order for the ink to transfer and the time set to 180seconds, but my press has an idle temp and a actual temp.

So if I put he mug in when the idle is 190ēc, it will take time for the mug to reach 190ēc, then do you count the 180 seconds from then? or from putting the mug in

Thanks
    Last edited by Justin; 11-12-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I try to avoid presses which have idle temperatures, but can you just set it to the main temperature? I have three identical cheap presses and they are all set at different time/ temps. So one is 187 degrees/ 195 secs and one of the others is about 170 degrees 175 seconds.

To find the right time, I will print off some large black text and find the minimum time which will not cause any smudging. Check it a few minutes after taking it out of the press. A design which might have a large solid black would be given extra time to suit that design. Start with 180/ 180 and let the heat blanket gently curl round the edge of the mug. It takes a few mugs to get the perfect set up.