Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Best laser printer for laser transferes ?
    By logobear in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-03-2014, 09:28 AM
  2. Laser Printer ?
    By Kahboose in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 11:53 AM
  3. Chromablast printer info
    By smitch6 in forum Printers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 28-04-2012, 09:20 PM
  4. help laser printer
    By jennywren in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-02-2012, 01:32 AM
  5. Epson 1400 (Chromablast) Printer blocked Dark Cyan
    By AdamB in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 25-01-2011, 04:09 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chromablast or Laser printer for cottons?

Had great interesting time tonight reading the forums for the first time ..
    Not even started printing in sublimation yet as probs with ciss system,but i'm sure i will overcome that hurdle.

One thing i would like to get to know about is the whole issue of printing onto cotton tshirts etc etc ....

Ive seen the chromablast system banded around but not heard or read of anyone actually using it ...especially on my way round this place tonight.

Ive seen that martin has made a few posts about the system but would love to hear a full report on which system to go for .. If the laser printing route is going to be more feasable then when i'm ready to move forward with it i can go for whats reccomended,but with little being written about its a hard decision.

Also ... i know absolutley nothing about laser printers .. so with a laser printer set up ... do i have to get special inks like the sub inks ? or does the laser transfer paper do that for me?
    And if i wanted to add the water slide transfers (candles) etc to my range ... is that a different ink system for the laser printer?
    A lot of questions i know ... but i have loads more where these came from .... lol
    I'll move onto stickers at a later date .... lol

Look forward to seing more on this subject.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Chromablast or Laser printer for cottons?

Also ... i know absolutley nothing about laser printers .. so with a laser printer set up ... do i have to get special inks like the sub inks ? or does the laser transfer paper do that for me?
    And if i wanted to add the water slide transfers (candles) etc to my range ... is that a different ink system for the laser printer?
    The laser toner is the standard toner but it is the medium (the papers) which are different. I'll see if anyone posts back about quality of laser v chromablast before stepping in - we have samples of laser v chromablast but only a few customers using the chromablast system. Anyone members got any first hand experience of chromablast?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jeff,
    For candles I just use the WaterSlide from TheMagicTouch(DTC 4.5C). I'm sure it or equivelent will be avaliable elsewhere as well. Simply print in laser printer as normal,cut,soak, then apply. I have started using it on plates aswell.
    Good Luck. ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiya

We do cottons with the laser printet, just the entry level Samsung, which costs about £120 and we use the Image Klip Koncert T papers, which, for 100 sheets and transfer papers, works out about £170 :shock:

It's quite a complex system to get your head round, i.e getting the temps/times/pressure right. If as little as 2 seconds out, it doesn't work, so that's £1.70 wasted per A4 sheet :( We need to crank the pressure right up on our heat press for it to work, so I now leave that to my OH, as I struggle to get the press open when doing these :(

But when it works, they look great :D

Will see if I can get a photo of one we've done already and post it for you, it was done on a black tee.

Might not be today though, so if I forget, can you PM me :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone..look forward to the pics and more reviews hopefully ... love the candles idea..shame they dont do a sublimation or standard printer option for those ..or do they? ... lol