Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. George Knight
    By Andysam26467 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-01-2015, 04:11 PM
  2. Geo Knight worth buying
    By Markola in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-03-2014, 03:25 PM
  3. Wanted Geo Knight DK20S or similair.
    By JMugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 09:08 AM
  4. Knight K20 Press
    By R.Prints in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-09-2012, 03:02 PM
  5. help geo knight Heeeeeeeelp
    By jennywren in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 12:38 AM

Thread: Geo Knight DK16

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geo Knight DK16

Cant complain I've had it for almost eight years. Switched it on today and after heating up it started making a noise similar to the electrics shorting, then after a few minutes stopped working. Now no0thing. Does anyone know a UK supplier that can help with diagnostics and spare parts. Have opened the control box and there is no signs of shorting/burning etc. Probably need a new control box but hopefully it will just be a part replacement needed.
    Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Speak to Heatpress UK, they can often source parts etc. for different machines. Speak to Nikki and tell her Justin on the forum sent you :-) They're up here in Shetland so one of the closer suppliers to you! haha.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it r a smart who offer full servicing and repair, not used them for a couple of years but im sure it is
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow my problem ended up with R.A. Smart and they called me to discuss the problem. Their representative Paul was very friendly and helpful. This is where the gremlins get confusing. I dismantled the control box to see if either board had any signs of damage, nothing was evident so prior to spending almost £80 on a board I reassembled it, and as if by magic it works fine again. Money saved and back working again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats good news then, obviously something somewhere was loose, i have always found them helpful - glad you did too
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything was secure inside, only thing I can think of is moisture got in while I was shut xmas & New Year. Was rather damp and windy up here.