Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2015, 10:25 PM
  2. Chromaluxe Panels
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-02-2014, 08:57 AM
  3. Pressing Large Format ChromaLuxe Aluminum Panels
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-05-2012, 07:30 PM
  4. Chromaluxe 20x30cm panels anywhere?
    By Caz in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM
  5. Chromaluxe panels
    By fredster in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not spoken to them, no - knew they did wooden laser cut jigsaws for another designer company we know, but they are laminated rather than sublimation, so didn't know that they did their own sublimation coating etc

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I sent off an email to Wentworth Puzzles explaining our plight, but they replied stating that their machines couldn't cut thin aluminium; I wasn't asking them to cut it! I can send you a sample of the coaster if you'd like? Perhaps an email from someone else to the managing director instead and asking for a coating service might help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure you lads want to keep it at "home" if possible, but have any of you looked at http://www.longstarsublimation.com/ ? Chinese of course. They sent me a trial batch of a few sheets and the quality was really good. Price? well, China vs USA speaks for itself. My main problem with them was the minimum order quantities - waaay to many for my fledgling operation, but if you all chip in together...you never know...
    I am thinking of trying them again essentially because of the price difference being so huge, it would allow me to sell the products here for a fraction of the current cost and therefore an interesting proposition to the final customer. I can lower my margin but gain with volume.
    Just some musings from the tropics..

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    None of those Chinese companies go as far as 1mm though. Can't sell anything of value if it is too thin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    None of those Chinese companies go as far as 1mm though. Can't sell anything of value if it is too thin.

Gary - they go to 1.15mm which is the same thickness as Chromaluxe (0.045").
    Their other stuff is 0.75mm which I agree is too thin unless you are going to set it in or on something else - certainly not as a standalone print.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried any of the 1mm HD photo panels being sold by Wunderboard or Longstar?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, but also thinking of buying a batch of 1.15mm sheets. The problem there is their minimum quantities per order. Trying to reduce this to maybe just 100-200 in mixed sizes or so to test. They are asking for 1500!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Did anyone get anywhere with a substitute product? I was looking at having a push and maybe printing the largest panels but Xpres appear to have been out of stock forever......what's going in with these stocks??
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's strange, rather than Chromaluxe branded products, I've seen thinner Unisub aluminium being sold. Odd that they would have two product lines like that. Maybe to compete with cheap imports of thinner metal?
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 15-02-2016 at 10:03 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be mistaken, but I think the Chromaluxe range is more for photographs per se that have to be thicker to stand up by themselves or hand on the wall. Unisub seems to be more in the "trinkets" line - like name tags, pendants, light switch covers, keychains, what have you.