Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Adkins press, should this be like this?
    By scotty44 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-12-2014, 08:03 PM
  2. For Sale Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By GoonerGary in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-11-2014, 12:09 AM
  3. Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By GoonerGary in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Last Post: 15-09-2014, 09:25 AM
  4. Adkins Studio Press
    By cumbriakevin in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-05-2014, 07:28 PM
  5. Adkins Mug Press won't heat up
    By J1m in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Last Post: 13-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm sure its something but the studio is fully wired through a hager fuse box with surge protection. Its not in a multi plug, it has its own wall socket. But I've got a lot of computers, amps, hard drives, and other mug presses that all work fine. So if it is something about the environment then its that the press is too sensitive to whatever it is if that makes sense.

I've bought a £69 one from signzworld to cover for the minute to go with my BMS ones.

What I find worrying is that within 24 hours of telling magic touch about it adkins had sent a new motherboard with fitting instruction sheet. Why would you have such a thing to hand if this is uncommon?

I'll have to ring magic touch tomorrow and have it out again as its a £400 paperweight at the moment even with the new motherboard.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That sound like good service and ready available spare parts to repair presses. Chinese presses won't offer that guarantee. Personally I wouldn't trust it and it would scare the crap out of me every time I flicked the switch.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this morning I had a call from Adkins to discuss the issue. They are sending me a new element as well as the mother board that I already received. I can't fault their service - they are very helpful.

It was suggested that I use too much pressure and that its because I have printed 15oz el grande mugs in there which are 84mm diameter as opposed to the 80mm of the regular durhams. That might explain the exploding blankets ( though I don't think I use too much pressure - just the minimum to achieve a top to bottom print) but not the exploding motherboards.

Anyway - I should have a fully working adkins again in the next couple of days so if someone want to make an offer…..

Also does anyone have any experience of geo knight or any of the other expensive mug presses - are they any good?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to buy a new handle for a Studio press I had borrowed (broke in operation!!) part was readily available and not expensive, I also found them very helpful - Are Adkins still made in the UK? or have they shipped production abroad like everyone else. If they have are they any better than a Chinese press at a fraction of the cost. Incidentally I see Adkins now do an EZ Press which looks virtually identical to so many you see on the net.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    How long did you say you'd had the press? I think I'd be looking to get them to replace if possible after all these fixes. You'll be hard pushed to find a better press for the money. I've never heard of these problems in many years dealing with Adkins so somethings amiss here :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd personally find being told that the pressure exerted on the mug during pressing is a reason for a blanket OR a motherboard to blow more than a little hard to swallow, Mr. Hamilton-Bullimore!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.