Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Our New Shop
    By TjCanvas in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 06:58 PM
  2. why do I still shop on Ebay??? :(
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 05:17 AM
  3. Facebook shop
    By Mattie in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 14-02-2013, 10:39 AM
  4. The village shop
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 07:17 AM
  5. Coralgraph ebay shop press
    By logodigitizing in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Shop

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay Shop

Hi,

I am looking to try and sort an ebay shop out to sell my mugs & phone cases etc on....

Can anyone recommend anyone that designs them or anyone that can sort the graphics / templates out ?

Thanks in advance.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would only use the existing ebay shop layout and not bother with templates. Using a third party template will slow the load up of the page, insert a lot of code annoying the cassini search engine and possibly ebay's mobile app. The only graphic you need is a 1200 x 270 pixel banner which you can easily do yourself if you are printing mugs anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I would only use the existing ebay shop layout and not bother with templates. Using a third party template will slow the load up of the page, insert a lot of code annoying the cassini search engine and possibly ebay's mobile app. The only graphic you need is a 1200 x 270 pixel banner which you can easily do yourself if you are printing mugs anyway.

any concrete evidence for that gary ?

we have a full ebay store design, front page and on all listings.
    it hasnt stopped us getting sales, view or watcher's on listings......yes it is about 1.5 sec slower to open on mobile app, but considering the amount of coding thats on it, its way fine ;-)

to much **** surrounding cassini search engine gary - its getting taken out this yr apparently ...replaced by ? who knows- cant be any worse than what they have now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nobody has concrete evidence on anything regarding cassini, but any search engine doesn't want a load of irrelevant content on the page. It just wants to read your keywords and yes the rest talked about seo as you say is *****. I did read some interesting test results a couple of weeks ago which is why I made the comments, but I'd never find it again.

I see some shop templates and they annoy me as a buyer because the layout is different to a standard ebay page or I can't find a search box. Some templates are badly written, some are fine, some are out of date and look seriously bad. There are dozens of variables which put you on page one, firstly a cheap price when comparing that keyword with competing keywords.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt bother either, how do you shop on ebay?

I use search, then click on product, maybe if i want something similar i click show sellers other items, i have never shopped on ebay searching by shops, have you?

Seems a waste of time and money, never once have i brought from someone just because they have a nice shop.

I have also heard that cassini doesn't like the extra code.
    Last edited by viccar; 25-02-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a shop and thinking of ditching it for a personal account. For the qty of stuff I'm selling is about the same cost but without a fixed monthly fee

sent using tapatalk on my Note4

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by we-print View Post
    I have a shop and thinking of ditching it for a personal account. For the qty of stuff I'm selling is about the same cost but without a fixed monthly fee

sent using tapatalk on my Note4
    You will loose out on your SEO value, having a shop means that your listings are fed into Google shopping and anyone searching on google images or on the organic results will find your product. Having a listing which ends in 10-30 days will not have any long term value.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that. I didn't give google a thought. I was only thinking about searching on ebay.
    So are you also saying only have 7 day listings?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like having a shop, its easy to close it at a minutes notice and hide your listings, i often have to shut up for a day at busy times just to keep up or take some time off.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by we-print View Post
    I didn't know that. I didn't give google a thought. I was only thinking about searching on ebay.
    So are you also saying only have 7 day listings?
    No, I'm saying that you need to keep your listings in a shop GTC, so that they are permanently there and the url doesn't change. Keeping them as GTC also retains the buying history keeping you high up in ebay searches.