Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson 3880 vs 7890
    By astroanalyst in forum Printers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-09-2015, 11:36 PM
  2. Epson 7890 Profile
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 27-03-2015, 06:29 PM
  3. Epson 7890 - Leave on or switch off?
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 10:46 AM
  4. Sold Epson Photo 1400 for Sale (Spares or Repair)
    By Philipjbaker in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 26-02-2012, 12:51 PM
  5. 2 x Epson 1290's for spares or repair FREE to anyone who wants them!
    By Jacko in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 11:03 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epson 7890 - Spares or Repair

For Sale: Epson 7890 for spares or repair only. No inks included but was printing with Sublijet-E Inks before they were removed. It has been left in the corner of the room since Mid-September and we just want it out of the way now. I know I have to put a price on to comply with the rules but I don't really know what it's worth - lets say offers around £250? but to be completely honest - ANY OFFERS will be seriously considered.

More info about the fault:-

As some of you may remember last year around September \ October our Epson 7890 wouldn't print properly any more. It started with the light magenta nozzle check constantly having one line missing - but as the weeks went on the line turned into 3-4 lines.

We got told so many different things to try from replacing dampers, pumps, capping stations, something or other assembly units and probably sparkly rainbow wings for all I can remember - we didn't have time for any of this as we were gearing up towards Christmas. In the end we managed to get our orders printed by a fantastic member of these forums which in turn enabled us to buy a new Epson 7890 in December.

I'm not going to lie or hide this at all - there is a very real possibility this may need a new print head. The initial problem was a poor nozzle check with light magenta but as said previously it has since been turned off and left in the corner of a room since mid-September.

To be brutally honest I just don't have the time or the inclination to repair this myself and we don't really have the room to have two up and running now anyway. We just want this shifting asap so we will seriously consider ANY OFFER!

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TO be honest as a Epson authorised reseller and engineer youd be better off stripping it for parts. A new head and thats probably what it needs is around £1100 quid PLUS VAT plus engineers time so dont expect change from £1500 + Vat . a NEW 7890 is only around £1800 + Vat .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fridget id advertise it spares repairs on ebay . I hate to say it but i think you made a mistake buying another 7890 i spoke about this in another thread justin started . the problem you describe is a blown print head in other words a new head required i have the big brother to your printer a 9890 and guess what yup blown heads . ive spoke to many engineers regarding this each and every one has told me the same thing that range of printers are bloody awful i was even told i was really lucky to get 12 months use out of mine . epson even know its a crap range the heads cost £1200 had i only used epson inks epson would happily come out and fix it for me for £1200 so in other words they fix it for the price of a new head even if its out of warranty that should tell you something id seriously consider getting another machine before your new one goes as apparantly it inevitably will

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new printer the surecolor is also suffering and a NEW head has been created for it to solve a few 'issues' this is a four colour only machine however which is ok for most sublimation uses and is the basis for the std sublimation machines epson sell. I have parts for a few Epson machines that have nothing but Epson ink put through them in their lifetime and have lasted 2 years . I also however have clients who have these models and theyre going strong after 4 years its all a game of luck , humidity, cleanliness, temperature and useage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TO be honest as a Epson authorised reseller and engineer youd be better off stripping it for parts.
    Yes I know - this is why I have listed this as SPARES OR REPAIR. I don't have the time or the inclination to strip this down but other people might, there is no doubt a profit to be made from the parts in this machine by someone that knows what they're dealing with.

fridget id advertise it spares repairs on ebay . I hate to say it but i think you made a mistake buying another 7890
    I don't have an eBay account. I personally love the print quality, amazing speed, large print size and ink economy of these printers and the printer I am selling as spares worked brilliantly without a single fault since we bought it until this happened in September. Out of interest - what other A1 printers are available for sublimation printing?

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing much available at that price , roland mimaki mutoh all do sub printers but theyre more expensive.

get a second hand machine 9880 7880 etc if you want 8 colour.. ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is now SOLD. Thanks.