Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Any Advice Please
    By Steve1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 12:49 PM
  2. advice plz ;-)
    By brad in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 08:34 AM
  3. Advice please
    By Dezignwar in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 11:55 AM
  4. I need some advice...please
    By ART DISCO in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 11:24 PM
  5. please advice
    By kris_hm in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New set-up advice

Hi there,

I’m new to this forum which so far has been of great interest and use but has left me a bit befuddled with so much info. So first of all, thanks for that!

We’re looking at providing multiple quantity clothing for events so looking at producing numbers between 20 - 100 of one design. This could be full colour or a single colour. We’ll also produce branded mugs at mid volume (in the 100’s rather than one offs but not in the 1000's).

I want to make sure we’re buying suitable equipment for a small but professional and quality set up. I don’t want to feel we’ve under invested but also don’t want to be spending where don’t need to at this stage.

I am looking at buying:

- A4 TMT/OKI 610 Digital Colour Laser Printer (not the white toner one which everyone seems to be trying to sell us) - for colour transfers up to 42cm x 22cm onto the clothing
    - Graphtec CE 6000 - 40 plotter cutter (for vinyls and cutting out of transfers)
    - Swing Head Manual Press - 38cms x 50cms (from The Magic Touch)

then for printing mugs:

- Ricoh SG3110 Sublimation printer
    - Single mug press from Magic Touch (can’t find the brand name but they're £195 each)

Any thoughts on this set-up and whether it would work for what we need? Any other recommendations?

Also, what are peoples thoughts on the Magic Touch software? Is it as idiot proof as they say?

Many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Nemo,
    this is a well specified setup, all good quality kit and the training, tec support and backup from Magic Touch is second to none!
    I have had a graphtec for over 15 years and still perfect, same with adkins heat press.
    We use magic cut software, it is straightforward and powerful.
    If you are a newbie, you could not do better than starting with TMT for the full solution, and know you will be supported if/when you have a technical issue.
    I have been decorating garments for 24 years, and they are still my first choice supplier.
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ditto on what logo says. As a newbie you will not go wrong with the support TMT give you.

One small thing, give it a few months and I think you will feel you have under invested by not purchasing a white toner system. Just my opinion.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we have both types of printer, and suggest starting with cmyk, as you will have a lot to learn, and the white printer processes are a great deal more complex, the printer is significantly more expensive to both buy and run, and the normal print output is not as good as there is no K. (black toner)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the black NOT being black.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    Sorry, I'm not understanding this reference...could you please explain?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to you all for your speedy replies - very handy. My other small concern is whether we should be looking at an A3 printer? The OKI prints and extended A4 (42 cm x 22cm), would anyone foresee frustrations with regarding to size of the prints for t-shirts / hoodies etc?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    most of what we do is A4.
    given media cost is proportional to area used, and the printer in A3 is many times the cost of the A4 model both to buy and run,
    But there will be those who would advise differently.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    The OKI C711WT and C920WT do not have any black toner so to print black they combine CYM and the result is more like a dark purple, but you have the advantage over the SunAngel two printer system by not having to faff about running the print through two printers and risking a registration issue. But saying that the sunAngel system prints propper black and is less cost to get going to test the market BUT no A3 option which I really don't think you would use to be honest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there.. Another question has arisen this week...do I need both an OKI and a Ricoh printer?. I was advised I could not use the Ricoh to printout on to garments but this is contradicted by info found online. I'd anticipate that most branding into garments will be done using vinyl but wanted the option of something full colour hence getting the OKI but if the Ricoh can do this then should I not just get one of those? And maybe then I could get an A3 instead of two printers..