Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. "Made in England"
    By pisquee in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 27-10-2013, 08:19 PM
  2. New member from North England
    By mags1892 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 09:18 PM
  3. England v USA
    By bms in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 10:52 AM
  4. England v USA Poll
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
  5. England World Cup Stuff
    By accdave in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike1865 View Post
    But you can't put Made in England on it.
    rgds
    Spike
    Sorry, a little confused. I Thought from the below reply it was more about creating jobs rather than a USP?

"Apols Justin. I would rather employ British nationals........
    Our production/manufacturing end of things has really died away and we need to help those that live here play a part. Not contract everything out as most do. "

You can have "Printed in England" on it if you wish. "Created in England" is another option. Have had to do this with previous customers in UK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Until nothing has any value and everything you own is disposable. Hiring the cheapest labour from wherever in the world, keeping them poor for your profits. Germany is successful because they kept their own industry, pay good wages and produce quality goods. The new affluent Chinese businesses owners buy German cars and Scottish whiskey, they have a taste for quality.
    Not sure of where the relevance is or what point you are making. Where do your mugs and blanks come from?

Our single largest customer we supplied last year was in Germany. They now do it themselves by milking as much information from us and visits on an "open book policy", getting our factory accreditation then using it all for themselves. Germans are much the same as everywhere else for many industry sectors. Average wages in UK and Germany aren't that far off either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    The more we source from the Far East, the cheaper our prices, the more work we pick up....... the more people we employ.
    The point is that British manufacturing jobs are lost because you are buying cheap imports. Germany is the second largest exporter after China. The USA have realized that they need to return to manufacturing. Do you think there is more money to be made manufacturing a BMW or just buying one? Buying cheap imports helps nobody but China. Germany has a successful economy because it has an emphasis on manufacturing. So yes, buy British.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 07-05-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do you think the German suppliers of sublimation products or even blank tees has all their goods made in Germany? All of the blanks suppliers for sublimation I have either bought from or talked to have offered me shipment direct from source which has always been Far East. I am not in the market of car manufacturing and the thread is sourcing blank garments. Think you are crossing over into a more broad political issue.

I can also guarantee you I would not employ as many people if we bought our blanks from a UK manufacturer. Didn't really know we had many options in the UK for our industry. Perhaps we should have a separate category for sourcing UK manufactured goods to highlight the options instead of importing our blanks.