Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Sublimation Training Workshop Required
    By Keith Coppuck in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 08:23 AM
  2. Textile Seminar
    By socialgiraffe in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-03-2013, 08:54 PM
  3. Advertising Materials
    By Justin in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 10:10 AM
  4. Siser and Grafityp
    By bikertec in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 10:28 AM
  5. Tips for workshop layout please.
    By Flash in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-05-2010, 08:43 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grafityp Garment & Textile Materials Workshop

Not strictly sublimation only - we're going to an event organised by supplier Grafityp using/demonstrating Siser garment materials on Wednesday at Roland DG in Clevedon Somerset (so also an equipment demo event too I suppose). Free but limited places and we were luckily contacted after the sign and Digital Show and following my contacting Roland about cutters and print and cut machines. Anyone else going? There's no such thing as a free lunch but apparently one's included.

Being newbies it will be useful to meet suppliers outside of a show arena and see what's on offer and how it's all done etc. We acquired a 2 yr old Adkins A3 swing press recently for our purposes, though it's as far as we'd got. Had also narrowed down vinyl cutters to a couple of leading makes before wondering where we would go after that and thinking would it be Oki white laser or getting a printer/cutter and in which case would that be a better first move or not. Not contemplating DTG and interested in sublimation of things as we progress, learning more as I read the forum posts.

It's interesting reading about the different focuses, approaches and opinions on the forum and the range of businesses people are in here. It has been very helpful so far in what has been an interesting learning process we've begun. I don't have any clever questions for them or designs to reproduce that might be tricky or interesting to see the results or just ones I plain fancy seeing but am hoping it will help push us on, there's no better experience than hands on which I think we will also get to do later in the day.

Mark
    Last edited by mr-gobby; 24-04-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C U there.......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    C U there.......
    Great stuff Arfer, we'll be the one's that look like fish out of water lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was very worthwhile, the run through of products by sisers young lady was informative and knowledgeable and Rolands facilities partnered well having siser presses there too. We got to weed and press various combinations that were provided in siser packs. Grafityp's hospitality extended to a buffet lunch and Sue had things flowing well and was most accomodating. Nice to meet and chat with forum member arfermo and others who were equally helpful to us in discussing what and how they do things and offering subtle advice for newbies. The roland bn-20 again looked handy, first seen at digital sign show, especially its size but so to was an option of the larger sp300v though both are quite a startup overhead. Nice to see the gs-24 cutter though we didn't see it working! Not sure if it trumps graphtecs6000 and looked more plastic. Definitely look to use or try siser materials from grafityp as they seemed to do the job and it sounded at least like they made sure their products were reliable and suitable for the job.
    Mark
    Last edited by mr-gobby; 23-04-2015 at 08:34 AM.