Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Anyone with a Versastudio BN-20
    By Renniwano in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 04:19 PM
  2. Roland FJ52 Value ?
    By NikGrey in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-01-2014, 03:00 PM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 10:34 PM
  4. Roland BN-20 Anyone Got One?
    By Stitch Up in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
  5. Roland GX-24
    By jennywren in forum Hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Up View Post
    Funnily, if you start the print & cut process before you go to bed, it's ready for weeding by the time you get up - even if you are an early riser :)
    Wow, is it that slow where you are best setting it off over night? How much work could you realistically get out of it in an hour?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ps whilst im here simon, did you get my last email for gym logos?
    Yes, will be dealing with it this week :-)

How much work could you realistically get out of it in an hour?
    I have no idea as I own Versacam's, but according to Roland they are a fifth slower than their bigger brother. This is mainly down to not having a servo on the belt. Having said that I can see them being a great addition to many businesses and it depends on your market. If you are a one's, two's or tens sort of supplier (i.e. a shop) then I could see this being a perfect addition. If you supply larger quantities then it would be better to invest in a faster machine.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always fancied a versacamm but think I would have to develop a whole new area of business to justify it. It is on the list along with the flat bed UV, laser cutter and engraver and about half a dozen other machines I drool over when at the recent trade shows.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    flat bed UV, laser cutter and engraver
    Me too!, and I noticed the cylindrical UV printer working away at sign and digital. Way to slow at the moment, but it's only a few years away...

Purchased a new VS at S&D. It has the UV Lightbox add on which is a superb addition for one area of the business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roland versastudio BN-20

Forgive me for jumping on this thread but I am also looking at the Roland BN-20. I've just find out it is not Mac compatible and nor is the Mimaki. Are any of the print and cut machines compatible with Macs? If we're to spend around £5k are we event going to get anything that will print and cut (for clothing mainly) for that price?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea as I own Versacam's, but according to Roland they are a fifth slower than their bigger brother. This is mainly down to not having a servo on the belt. Having said that I can see them being a great addition to many businesses and it depends on your market. If you are a one's, two's or tens sort of supplier (i.e. a shop) then I could see this being a perfect addition. If you supply larger quantities then it would be better to invest in a faster machine.[/QUOTE]

totally agree, its a perfect machine for small business or home use like myself, if i was printing enough to justify going to a versacamm then i would be in a shop and size wouldn't matter. Just returned last week from the Magic Touch Open day in Cardiff and i had all the agreements sent to me regarding purchasing one and had to step back and think before signing on the dotted line, ended up deciding on saving up and buying one outright, now where is my piggy box.....

Also at a cost of 4p-5p for a breast size logo i can see the reason to buy one sooner then later to help any business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forgive me for jumping on this thread but I am also looking at the Roland BN-20. I've just find out it is not Mac compatible and nor is the Mimaki. Are any of the print and cut machines compatible with Macs? If we're to spend around £5k are we event going to get anything that will print and cut (for clothing mainly) for that price?
    Thanks
    No need to apologise ;-)

A Roland will need Versaworks to print and cut. It comes free with the printer. When I first had my machine I forgot to get an additional computer to run the RIP. I legged it up to the secondhand computer shop and purchased the cheapest web book there. It cost £60.00. I figured it will do until I get a decent spec machine. The web tablet lasted 2 years! In other words, if you are spending 5k then a couple of hundred on a small PC will not be an issue.

The rip software will run from most file types, but ideally EPS files which you can obviously create on a MAC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Me too!, and I noticed the cylindrical UV printer working away at sign and digital. Way to slow at the moment, but it's only a few years away...

Purchased a new VS at S&D. It has the UV Lightbox add on which is a superb addition for one area of the business.
    Thought Sign and Digital show was far better than the P&P show. First time I have been to it was this year and sorry I didn't take 2 days. It gets you thinking about all the different possibilities which I could have then done with time to think about and then look at further. Atleast I know for next year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also at a cost of 4p-5p for a breast size logo i can see the reason to buy one sooner then later to help any business.
    Not sure on that price fella, I would say its nearer 20pish in a real time environment. Whatever you think you have in terms of work for a printer, you need to treble it to justify one. So if you think you could get £500 worth of work from Company X, you need to think about getting two more companies like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thought Sign and Digital show was far better than the P&P show.
    I agree, but I think that S&D is just better suited for what we do and where our particular businesses are Andrew.

I do S&D but it also makes me spend spend spend :-)