Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sawgrass staff perception
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 03:19 PM
  2. Taking orders at Christmas market
    By Skye in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-12-2014, 02:03 AM
  3. 3d taking off ?
    By bigj2552 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 10:35 PM
  4. ATTN: Admin/Staff - What is this section for.
    By dazzul in forum Hints & Tips
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-04-2013, 01:22 AM

Thread: Taking on staff

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking on staff

Hi all, following a relocation we are looking to take on staff, we carry out embroidery , tee printing and an expanding world of sublimation, we are located just outside Cowbridge in South Wales, the school uniform season is a very busy time, so it would be great to hear any ideas, recommendations or experiences of taking on staff, how you went about it and any advice you may have, primarily their role would be embroidery, we would look to train up, however there will also be work in the other aspects too, many thanks in advance , Paul

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Contact local college about taking on apprentices. Much lower minimum wage, and there is funding available to subsidise the wage further.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I had the job centre contact me as I was looking for a number of staff, initially agency staff. They offered folk that were long term unemployed foc for up to 6 weeks. Only condition was you gave a reference to help them in further work searches. Hopefully this can lead to you finding decent staff.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justin.... so let me get this straight you train them for 6 weeks imparting all your knowledge then they go off and set up on their own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I doubt that would happen, I'd prefer to think they'd be great and you'd take them on full time. But I guess they could well go away and get funding being unemployed! Lol
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, the traineeship scheme is an upto 6 week work placement, to get umemployed used to being back in work, or in a work environment for the first time, you can also do this through the local college, make sure you get in interview them before taking them on though, the idea is that it either leads to you taking them on full time as an employee or apprentice, or they get a job with someone else if you can't or don't want to keep them - you get to test drive potential employees for 'free' (obviously not really free as your time to train them is a cost)
    they are a great initiative, as it helps grow small businesses (and large ones) at minimal cost to the companies, which should increase their work capacity leading to more profit (and therefore taxation revenue) and the trainee gets work experience and skills, alomg with building a CV all of which should give them a better chance of finding paid work (again more taxation revenue)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are lucky being in Wales Paul Redmapj - they have some of the best schemes out there for taking on staff, don't go near an agency of any type - just get in contact with the jobs growth wales. We have a friend that moved to Llandelillo a few years ago, moving the business with them, they have said how amazed they were at just how much help and support is given by the Welsh government to help you take on, train, and continuously improve your staff - good luck
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.