Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. re:sublimation pic peeling off
    By lezzels in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 20-05-2014, 08:50 AM
  2. Coating peeling fromsublimation lighters?!
    By madmagowan1 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-07-2013, 07:46 PM
  3. MDP Flex vinyl peeling off
    By ladybug1802 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 04:27 PM
  4. Anybody had problems with MDP Nylex peeling off?
    By ASLCreative in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM
  5. Redsail Vinyl Cutters - Vinyl Cutter Choice
    By Heatpressuk in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl peeling

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    suspect press too hot....

That's interesting as I have never heard of that before when it comes to pressing vinyl. I appreciate that if your press is too hot it might not stick, but I always thought that this was an immediate thing and if its stuck straight after pressing then it is stuck for good. You live and you learn ;-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse the image quality. This is how the vinyl now looks after a wash. Why has it gone all wrinkly? That said the washed it at 30 degrees on a 15 min cycle. The thin line corner on the left is the part that has lifted.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think that has either been washed at a very high temperature or tumble dried.

If it were me, I would try to recreate the problem. Get a similar material, press something on to it and wash at a high temp and tumble dry. If the same thing happens then it is pretty obvious what has happened.

There are members on here with better knowledge on vinyl (such as Logobear) and would be interested to see if he has seen this problem before and what it was that caused it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple more images.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    excess heat seems to kill the adhesive, a way to remove vinyl, press at 200c covered with a piece of rough paper, - then rip the whole lot away in 1 fluid motion, - easier than solvents!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting to get a sinking feeling :(. Another 2 returns that makes it 5 in total. Something has gone seriously wrong. 1 wash and all wrinkled. I can't afford to redo another 40 hoodies. Let alone the comments that will come my daughters way, children can be cruel.
    I have had a look through the forum and it seems a second pressing is what is missing to stop some lifting but as it is not on the MDP instructions I don't think I have a leg to stand on by going back to them.
    As for the wrinkling I have no idea if all 5 people have tumble dried or not.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I am posting a lot to this thread but I am a very worried man at the moment. I keep thinking of what I may have done wrong. I have had a thought that when I placed the hoodies onto the press I may have stretched the fabric.
    When I was pressing the back I was concerned that the pocket seam on the front would hinder a clean flat press so I pulled the back over the lower platen leaving the front below the platen, hope that makes sense.
    I have done this with polo shirts and t-shirts with no issues but maybe as the material is a bit thicker on a hoodie that once washed, and they shrink a little bit, it wrinkles the vinyl.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think your best bet is to create a letter and ask the school to distribute it to all the leavers stating that there is a problem with the vinyl and that you ask for all the hoodies to be returned to either be repressed or replaced (whatever needs to be done).

I think that you are going to lose on this, but I don't think you have a choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with Social, there was a post here a few weeks ago, every one has problems - its how you deal with them that matters.

get them back, you may be able to repress some of them. did you press the vinyl after peeling ? i must admit i always do. some of the quick wash programmes do not spin very well, then mum or dad leave the stuff in the washer for a few hours, keeping the clothing that wet for that long does not help.

I think stretching them over the platen - unless yours is very small could be an issue here that could lead to the vinyl bunching up
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have a lot of experience, but it almost looks like the garments have shrunk slightly. Or the garments have been washed above 40 degrees.
    Hope you get this sorted out soon
    Kath