Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. re:sublimation pic peeling off
    By lezzels in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 20-05-2014, 08:50 AM
  2. Coating peeling fromsublimation lighters?!
    By madmagowan1 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-07-2013, 07:46 PM
  3. MDP Flex vinyl peeling off
    By ladybug1802 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 04:27 PM
  4. Anybody had problems with MDP Nylex peeling off?
    By ASLCreative in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM
  5. Redsail Vinyl Cutters - Vinyl Cutter Choice
    By Heatpressuk in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vinyl peeling

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think stretching the hoodies over the platen, then pressing the vinyl on, will have caused this
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have only wrinkled after a wash. Some of them sat in my front room for a week as I was pressing in the evenings after work. If they had stretched wouldn't they have shrunk back whilst lying around? We are washing my daughter's one today. On it's own at 40 degrees to what happens.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, not necessarily, as they tend to go back after washing, what hoodies are they ?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AWD college

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id blame 3 things
    1. the hoodies ive always had problems with awd never with gildan
    2. the wrinkles as mrs m says could be down to streching over the platern certainly looks like it
    3. id also say that some of the wrinkles look like they be down to the paper you are using ontop of the hoodies when pressing , is it wrinkled ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Not had issues before but never done this many.
    2. Lesson learned on this one. I have just posted a question on the Forum asking where to buy some heat resistant pads to put between the garments.
    3. Only greaseproof paper and I change it after about 4-5. They all looked so good when they came hot of the press😭

Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get yourself down to aldi - they have their heavy duty teflon sheets in now, they are black, and certainly better than using greaseproof paper - why are you wanting to put something in between the garments ??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this forum. I wish to say a big thank you for all your advice and help. The rot seems to have stopped and it looks like it has happened to all the Small hoodies. So down to user error. I WILL NOT pull the garment over the platen. I will take Socialgiraffe's advice on another thread and have a look at some training courses.
    On the plus side the schools
    "Friends" are looking to have a set of coasters as the Christmas gifts for the parents this year and have asked me to give them a price.

Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    phew, thats good news then, well done for getting it sorted, its all a learning curve, and the fact you have had more orders coming in, proves you have it sorted the right way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive had similar problems with the same flex but mines been stored for 2 years i just press baby vest to remove moisture then added vinyl and then pressed twice more at 180° for 24 seconds not washed yet so not sure if all ok

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk