Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. How do Target Transfers Make their Transfers?
    By Stitch Up in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-05-2014, 07:16 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  3. WOW 7.5 transfers
    By Renniwano in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-08-2013, 01:48 PM
  4. transfers are pink
    By halo3000 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-03-2013, 07:16 PM
  5. For Sale Epson B1100 Sublimation system, Xpres Mug Press 2000, Epson B42W
    By Spawn in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 12:31 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best non epson for transfers

I use a D92 for making tranfers for T's (ironall or compaible for darks). When using just durabrite the printer ran smooth. I tried compats which worked for a few prints then the printer rejected cyan. I put a new compat in and it worked. Then after a while it rejected majenta. New cart it worked. I found the projet ink to be a little thin and bleed. So I have gone back to Original durabrite. Did a couple of prints fine. Now it has rejected the yellow as a non compat when it is original and full.??????????????

In short i'm sick of epson and there chips!!! What is a good inkjet I can use in the same way using pigment ink, or a possible other colourfast soloution. Will I get all this crap if I fit a ciss

Thanks. Lee

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Best non epson for transfers

Boy where do you start,
    There are thousands of people with the same problem. The new generation of chipped printers are designed to prevent you using compatibles. The canon models do not recognise ink levels in the status monitor, HP gives you a constant reminder that you are not using genuine cartridges and epson place the microchip on the print head in a precise location so that any microscopic deviation in alignment causes 'cartridge not recognised' errors.
    The major causes of your problem are:
    Misaligned chip on cartridge - most commonly with very cheap compatibles
    Dirty chip - both on the cartridge and the print head
    Faulty printer - you don't find this out for 13 months, by which time the warranty has expired and the £50 cost of servicing it is more that a new printer cost
    Faulty cartridge - yes it does happen, even to Epson
    Incorrect cartridge fitting - if the cartridge is fractionally out of position it will not be recognised
    End of service life - this is a built in function to ensure you buy a new printer

These problems will exist whatever brand of inkjet you buy. The compatibles vary greatly and every one has their favourite. If in doubt try several. Originals can also be faulty, if it persists contact epson by email. You can also try reset chips or the ssc service utility follow the instructions on the website.
    You may experience the same problems with a ciss as with original or compatible cartridges (remember to use it every day). These are expensive to purchase however the cost per print will reduce considerably (watch those icc profiles as there may also be a distinct colour shift in prints especially towards magenta).
    You can try the following before you lob the printer:
    Wipe the cartridge chip with a soft lint free cloth
    Wiggle the cartridge into position firmly seating it over the print heads before clipping down the cover
    Remove all the cartridges and replace one at a time, returning the print head to the print position before putting each one in
    Reset the printer with the ssc software
    Use originals first and then compatibles run a head clean at least 5 times from the printer software until you get a good nozzle check print

In today's market the printers have their own particular foibles. HP is prone to jamming as it does not have a straight paper path. Canon has some serious software issues especially when resetting print errors and the cartridges are very expensive, epson print heads clog like crazy. If you can, get an oki laser. yes I know they are expensive but the cost per print is low, maintenance is easy and you can use TMT products. The prints are also more durable and fade less easily.

I really don't know what else to suggest, at around £35 the D92 is fairly cheap to replace so getting a new might be in order. Lexmark do the z640 for £19.99 from Comet, Argos etc. just buy it use it and throw it away!

I am sorry I can't be of more help. My trusty 1290 had a deep clean before I fitted sublimation ink and it works fine, the 9800 has never had a problem in 6 years (mind you it cost 5 grand).
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we USED A d88 WITH BULK INK FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS TROUBLE FREE, but since have shifted to a Richo with Sawgrass cartridges and the powerdriver.
    It is an awesome setup with stunning results. It cost twice as much but I would never go back.
    I got it from The magic Touch. just get one!
    Phil Logobear
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK