Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2015, 01:27 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-12-2014, 10:39 PM
  3. New to 3D Mug Sublimation (Mini 3d sublimation machine)
    By SilentAlf in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-11-2014, 01:44 PM
  4. Mini 3d sublimation machine on Ebay
    By derek in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 21-03-2014, 02:06 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 3D sublimation - mini 3d machine or regular large 3D sublimation heat press?

Hi, I'm looking into buying a 3D subkimation heat press to start a home based business.

I've been looking around to decide which is better, the

mini 3D sublimation on ebay:"ST1520-A-B 3D Mini Vacuum Heat Transfer Printing Machine For Phone Case and Mugs"

Or

The "3D Heat Press Machine Sublimation INK Transfer Mug Plate Tile T-shirt Printing"

My main intention or to be able to print a variety of items, good qualiy ones. I want to be able to offer a choice of different items to my potential clientele.

I've read a lot of threads and advices in here.

Any additional advice will be highly appreciated.

what would you suggest for a machine that will be able to provide what I intend to to?

Thanks
    Joudig

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi. I think you may be a little confused regarding the term 3d for both vacuum oven and heat press. Only the mini vacuum is 3d. A heat press is of course 2d. If you are wanting to do this as a hobby business then the 3d mini vacuum is good and will do all three sides of a phone case BUT a pain to get the case perfectly printed. If you want to start business then you will need a flat heat press and mug press. No one is going to tell you how to run a business so you need to do your home work on what you can provide people better than they can already buy. Good luck. Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, yeah I know, there is 3D and the flatbed fegular heat presses for t-shirts ans such...i will that kit as well...but for 3D sublimation presses, there is the mini one and the one that does 12 mugs at once..that is what I was refering to in my thread...please seach ebay for the quoted items thtabi mentiined above, you will see whatbi mean...sorry..for some reason, couldn't post the direct links....qualiy wise..is one better than the other regarding the 3D presses...thank you for your input btw..appreciate it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi. A little confusion around your "3D heat PRESS machine" wording but understand what you mean now. We only have experience in the mini vacuum so will have to bow out as have not used the larger vacuum. Although don't think you can do "t-shirts" in it. Olly

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have used both and gave up with the mini machine (it is now a dust collector on my shelf), it simply was not up to the job. The larger machine takes a while to perfect but is far superior.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys...
    Socialgiraffe, what about quality wise, is the larger 3d machine better? Why? Isn't it the older version, the mini one is 2015 and the large 2014?

Kind of confused here, why did they produce a smaller version, why not upgrade the 2014 model?

Maybe i'm missing something

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is better because it works, I found the mini machine just a complete waste of time and could not get an even print on a phone case using it. Others may beg to differ and if they do please share the secret :-).

Having said that, I am probably going to be switching to a dedicated phone case printer in the near future (something like a subli deck) as I want something specifically designed to do that job.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input socialegiraffe, very helpfull
    I'm leaning more and more towards the bigger machine...i simply do not want to waste my money and time. And for the purpose of my usage, I think it'll do better
    Thank you for taking the time to shout your thoughts