Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. custom ICC profile?
    By 2BPrint in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 01:43 PM
  2. custom work
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-04-2013, 11:40 PM
  3. Custom cut FRP blanks?
    By Discofish in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 11:54 AM
  4. Custom sub blanks
    By PeteL in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM
  5. 3rd party ink and custom ICC
    By Paul in forum Reviews Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Custom Cut Metal...

Hey All,

I've just got off the phone with sublimetals who are unable to help.

I need some small subli' metal shapes cut to specific sizes and dimensions.
    Ideally someone I can send my product to and they will 'cut to fit'.

Is there anyone in the UK who can do this?

Thanks,
    John.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Asked sublimetals to do the same thing for me, but I had to look up local companies who could laser cut the metal instead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have fantastic service on cut metal from BMS (www.printerowners.co.uk). Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    ...but the OP is looking for custom cut metal.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, BMS cut metal to my custom requirements and even drilled holes where I needed them. Also did 50 units within an hour ready for me to collect! Now that's super service. Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really handy to know.

Thanks a lot - I'll give them a call now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.K - Subli-metals can custom cut but only squares or rounded corners. They can't do specific shapes.

I've found a company that has agreed to laser cut some pre-sublimated metal for me.
    I've ordered some pre-sub' metal sheets and will be sending to them for cutting.
    They're not sure how this will affect the sub-coating but here's hoping.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Aluminium throws a burred edge when laser cut, so you will need to sand/file the edges
    The coating can flake off very easily after cutting, depending on the coating and how well it has been applied
    The coating will melt around either side of the cut lines, some of which you will be able to clean up, some you won't, leaving a strange mark/line/pattern.
    The coating when melting gives off fumes (again, dependant on the coating) so the factory may need ventilation/extraction systems to be able to cut.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm.

A lot to consider. Especially as these are small delicate pieces I need cutting.
    This could be a real problem as I really want to get this happening.

The quantities I need don't warrant getting a stamp made (I haven't looked at cost for this but I'm guessing it not cheap).

I guess one other option would be to get some non-coated metal cut and then buy some spray coating to apply afterwards. I've always been a little wary of this though as I think getting a good clean, even spray is not going to be that easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have finally launched a service for this (after 4 years of research trying to find a way to do it !) It's meant heavy investment but the results are fantastic! Please visit our website here for quotes: Custom Cut Shape Set up charge – Quote / Sample (up to 10 day turnaround) from £10.00 more info below:

We can cut all 3 thicknesses of our Sublimation aluminium to any shape including internal cut outs, right up to 900 x 700 mm! We have the machine, which arrived 10 days ago, in operation and already producing Custom cut designs for customers and stock items for our shelves!
    We have been busy working on new designs to add to the site to and have already added a new Large 8inch approx Oval and A5 Classic Cross, plenty more will follow but get any suggestions in early if you have any good ideas (and obviously different size versions of all designs can also now be produced by request too!) Shapes can be produced with internal details cut out, so slots etc can be added to create 3D items too! And as the machine is very accurate (to 0.1mm) we can also produce very exact inserts for any items you may already have, that you could then add a printable design into! So get your thinking caps on!!
    Some of the Custom cut customer designs we have already produced have also been added to the Shapes section with photos so you can get start to get an idea of the items we have already produced (and we have only had the machine 10 days!).
    We have also added a new category to the site called Samples, that includes an item we would like you to use to gain a quote for your own designs to be cut on the machine. Because we have to actually produce the layout of the shapes in machine code to give you an accurate price, we cannot provide free quotes for Custom shapes. You will need to fill out the fields in the Custom Cut Shape Quote / Sample item and checkout and then email your shape to us directly, to receive your price and/or samples (remember to use Local pickup if you are only requesting a quote, normal Parcelforce shipping for Samples). 2 things to note - if you can produce vector files of your shapes or are happy for us to use your shape on the site to sell to other customers - if it is suitable obviously! - rather than the shape be exclusive to you, your quote or items will be cheaper and you will get your quote quicker!
    After you receive your quote and/or sample and approve them, your item will be added to the site as per this one here: Custom Cut Shape – Folk Heart JB £0.95–£3.28 so you can order it. The only thing you have to note here is that we are already looking at high demand for this service so we are putting a longer turnaround on quotes and Custom Cut shapes, initially week-10 days, at least until we can catch up and get ahead!
    And just to put another spanner in the works we are on summer break shutdown from Aug 22-30th (sorry!) but I wanted to let you all know this service was available as soon a see could, as we know it's going to be popular on the run up to Christmas!

Nicci

(sorry if this is too late for your job Ucase!)