Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Trademark
    By Stitch Up in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15-07-2014, 05:33 PM
  2. Selling on Amazon ?
    By NikGrey in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-04-2014, 04:57 PM
  3. Amazon
    By JMugs in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 08:02 PM
  4. Copyright? Trademark?
    By SilentAlf in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-05-2013, 11:20 AM
  5. Amazon ean or UPC
    By North guy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-07-2012, 11:24 AM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Passing Off, Trademark, Copyright Infringement Amazon.

Anyone who has been a victim of trademark, copyright infringement or had a competitor trying to pass off goods on your Amazon listing had difficulty with Amazon not removing the infringements? If so give me a pm or feel free to discuss it here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a common problem, best way to get round is keep your logo on your products,amazon brand registry ,and get packaging with your logo.alot of people bully other sellers of listings by saying there images are copyrighted ie the product mock, but amazons terms and conditions go against that, annoying with the way it works and amazons staff knowledge is very poor

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brand registry isn't any kind of legal protection, it's just a way to list without barcodes. My problem is that Amazon are ignoring a registered trademark. Low life's trying to pass off goods using my brand. I've spoken to my legal team already so looking for other people who have had their trademark or copyright abused.

You give Amazon permission to use your images, nobody else can use them unless they are selling your products. Printed logos on packaging is Amazon nonsense. The branding is written on the listing.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 18-11-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but amazon will kick of people if you have this, from amazons point of view they will ask you to buy from the others on your listing and send yours and your competitiors to them to see if there is a differnce a logo on the product would make it differnt in amazons eyes and they would remove them, were as if its a mug with text on they wouldnt, ive looked at few others theres a couple of big companys and they are pretending to put there logo on the box which they actually arent. have you tried messaging the people listing on your adverts and explained to them? sometimes that works.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The thing is that Amazon don't get to play judge, their duty is to remove counterfeits. Signing a notice of infringement under penalty of perjury should be enough for them. As the trademark owner and manufacturer, I decide what is a counterfeit!! As far as I'm aware, a trademarked logo doesn't actually have to be on your product. The trademark is on the listing itself several times. I can't wait weeks for some Chinese scammer to send me dozens of 'my' products to prove to Amazon. The damage has already been done in lost sales and damaging reviews. So who is going to correct that? Spoke to a competitor who has pages and pages of counterfeits by the same scammer.