Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. IDT Systems Nanopress
    By Junak in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-11-2013, 02:39 AM
  2. any views on 4 or 6 ink systems
    By Limara in forum Printers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 26-08-2012, 03:27 PM
  3. New systems
    By Jimbo in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 10:13 PM
  4. Where is the best place to buy Ciss systems?
    By Danni06 in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-05-2010, 02:25 PM
  5. Artainium CIS Systems
    By y30man5 in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-02-2010, 08:43 AM

Thread: css ink systems

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

css ink systems

Does anyone else have problems with the tubes getting stuck at the side of the printer half way through a print? ... lol

ive had it happen a few times and it makes a hell of a noise and sometimes gets stuck and ruins the print...
    Are they all like this or just the cheap crap i bought from lovecut?
    Iplan on going up to a3 printer next year and will buy the css ink system from a reputable supplier but just wondered if it was a common thing as i know epson printers arent designed with the tubes in mind...
    so much so that yesterday i took an old knife ... draped it in a hot flame and proceeded to cut out the plastic surroundings of my s21 ... only a £35 printer so hey ...who cares about a warranty..
    i took out both sides and the plastic arm that went across the middle.... lifted the cover and taped the tubes to it above...
    now it works like a dream ...nothing in its way to get clogged on and it runs as quiet as a mouse now...why the hell do they put all that extra plastic on them is beyond me...well i expect its to stop us filling our own cartridges i guess...
    i think its time the people at epson or whoever designed a system of printers that suit our sublimation needs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: css ink systems

Your not the only one it happens to. it just depends on ths system your using. I have a ciss for normal ink on an identical printer that I use for subli prints, subli jams frequently, normal printer never has as the tubes that feed the ink are thiner and more flexable. Keep meaning to swap them over but never get round to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: css ink systems

I sometimes find that the tubes on my 1400 drop when the printhead goes to the far end of the carriage and then get caught when the printhead comes back. If I adjust the position of the support it makes it even worse so I'm not sure how others cope.

I'm currently experimenting with a B40W using refillables. With the size of refillables, they clearly aren't a solution for large print runs but just being able to run the printer with the lid down and no cables is a joy compared to using the CISS on my 1400.

Quote Originally Posted by fredster
    i think its time the people at epson or whoever designed a system of printers that suit our sublimation needs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Well, Epson don't make any money out of us using sublimation ink so that'd never happen.

Ideally whoever it is who makes all the money from the high price of sublimation inks should invest in their own dedicated printer. They could design it to have the tubes inside the printer instead of dangling a third-party CISS on the outside. They could design it without actual cartridges/chips so we don't have that problem either. They could also design it to have user replaceable printheads in the event that one gets too badly blocked.

The customer would win by having a reliable system and by not having to buy a new CISS every time Epson decides to discontinue one of their printers. The ink manufacturer would win by selling us the printer and knowing that we'll always buy our printers from them.

I know that's radical thinking - to expect those who profit from the ink to actually invest in R&D of the printers so that we'll buy more ink (which, ironically, is precisely what happens with OEMs!), but I'm like that sometimes... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: