Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Tips on mug printing
    By TailoreChocs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 10:27 AM
  2. My tips for printing ceramic xmas tree ornaments
    By abacus1983 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-11-2015, 05:58 PM
  3. Tips for returns
    By dazzul in forum Hints & Tips
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-07-2015, 12:22 PM
  4. Printing a vibrant red onto aluminium - any tips?
    By 3twenty6 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi vis printing tips

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I have a customer who is looking to have a load of hi vis vests printed but I haven't printed on hi vis clothing as yet and was wondering if there are any tips on printing vinyl onto these.

It looks like just a company name and possibly also an individuals name.

Tips on press time and heat settings and i'd also like to know whether the hi vis material can take the heat from the press as I will be using MDP FLEX vinyl.

cheers

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Firstly, if you are just printing black then sublimate them, its a better finish.

I am printing about 500 a week and press them for 45-50 seconds at 185 degrees but its worth pointing out that I am using the cheapest ink possible and Tesco printer paper (£2.50 a ream!). Obviously you could a reputable ink and a decent release paper and it will work just as well, but I am not sure what the times will be with them. I only use the cheapest possible as method I do so many.

If its a colour logo then it might be possible (with a bit of playing) to get close with sublimation, but that depends on the colour you need to achieve. If not then vinyl is the option and you will have no problems pressing.

Lastly, if you want to PM me I can probably supply your vests cheaper than anywhere else as I buy mine in bulk at 5000 vests at a time ;-)

S>
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI,

these will be provided for me as they have already bought their own hV's, i'm just hoping there is no reflective banding across the center of the back as this may end up scorching.

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul,

As long as you put a teflon sheet over them it will be fine. I use vinyl to do my hi-vis vest and it works a treat.

Let us know how you get on.

Danny

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As long as its not the cheap plastic stuff then they will not scorch.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well she got them off ebay so yes they are probably cheap, she was quoted just over £5.00 to get printed ones but decided to get blank HV's, she wanted 10 doing so I quoted £5.00 to print each vest with a logo on the front and wording on the back on each vest in vinyl, she thinks that is too expensive!

As far as teflon goes, i have always used the normal baking paper you get from supermarkets, seems to do the job, reading up on it it seems like they are both more or less the same stuff but I always check temperatures that the sheet can handle, I just wasn't sure of the material that HV's are made of as I don't want to turn them into liquid HV's lol

Thanks again

Paul
    Last edited by paul 44; 07-12-2015 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling mistake oops

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some people want everything for nothing. unless you are in our industry they dont realise the time/effort it takes to do something. i charge people £5 per location if bringing stuff in. what are others charging/doing? brought in products?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i wouldn't do 10 items front and back for £5 each......
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with calvinabc, Everyone wants something for nothing. i doubt they could get them cheaper in a shop! the main thing is you dont feel pressured into dropping your price and then essentially doing the job for free. Done that on many occasions. it will always be a lose/lose situation if you go down that route as the customer will still not be happy and you wont be happy doing the work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive decided that I won't b doing the vests, may as well do them for nothing as has been said, it is for a church. Not gonna spend a few hours on those when i could be designing something.