Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Tips on mug printing
    By TailoreChocs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 10:27 AM
  2. My tips for printing ceramic xmas tree ornaments
    By abacus1983 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-11-2015, 05:58 PM
  3. Tips for returns
    By dazzul in forum Hints & Tips
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-07-2015, 12:22 PM
  4. Printing a vibrant red onto aluminium - any tips?
    By 3twenty6 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wish I could turn down work that pays £100.00 per hour....
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

gtd_mcmillan (13-06-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they want it for almost nothing

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I miss read. I though you were charging £5.00 each and then decided to turn it down :-)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So as a matter of interest what would be the going rate for printing front and back logo. Right now we are doing a batch of winter tops with reflective HTV for my sons running club and are charging £5.50 a top. On this occasion they are supplying the tops. With being relatively new to this business we do find it hard setting what we think are fair prices to us and the customers.
    We have been lucky and have had a lot of work from my Sons running club, but one example which I'm sure plenty of you have experienced. A runner form the club asked my son what our prices for slates are. She wanted the biggest we had which was 12"X 7.5 and we quoted £15.00 which seems to be about average of what people charge. Well their has been a dealing silence after telling her the price
    Cheers

Kath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I advised that I would charge £5.00 per top with a logo on front and wording on the back in black vinyl, they said they wouldn't pay that so they are looking at getting them printed for maybe £2.00 each possibly £3.00, they supply the vests. 10 tops at £5.00 each seemed reasonable to me but I don't think I would do them for less than that as I thought it was a very reasonable price to pay.

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul, in my mind I agree with you that, that is a fair price. Sadly customers do not realize the work involved. I agree the heat pressing one shirt does not take that long, but you have to possibly create the file cut the out the HTV and weed, as well as the other costs involved like electricity.
    We have been lucky though as the running club have not had a problem with our prices.
    Cheers

Kath

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kath,

I thought that price was pretty fair also, I agree with what you say on customers not knowing whats involved in it, takes time to cut and weed the material as you rightly said and sometimes weeding takes longer depending on logos, size, complexity etc.
    Vinyl costs also mount up when doing jobs on the cheap, I don't mind helping people out and doing a few jobs here and there that don't really make me much money as it get's your name out there, on the other hand they think your cheap, double edged sword so I tend not to do to many but depends on the customer I suppose and the audience who see's the end result, if it is worth it and there is a chance of some free promotion (I had a job like that last week) then I'd gladly do it cheaper than usual as would most I suspect.

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they can get it done for £2-£3 elsewhere that's about 50% less than what you were happy with and sods law being that if there's any problem it could wipe out any margin.

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again very true to help people out does get your name out there. We my son and myself are only a small concern. His running club has really helped us get a foot on the ladder so to speak, but at the same time I have given more of my free time than they the club maybe realize( have the time now being a pensioner ) designing their logos etc. But from that has come other orders. It will be a while before we break even but slowly getting there.
    Now I just need some tips to market my Christmas mugs. Getting a bit late now. Again got local interest till they asked the price.
    Cheers

Kath

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KathG For This Useful Post:

gtd_mcmillan (13-06-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sadly people spend to much time on ebay and think that everywhere should charge absolute minimum for their work. If you work out the cost of material, wear and tear on machinery, time spent weeding, electricity costs, a margin for any returns and then profit you would be crazy to do it for any less than £5. This is the formula I show anybody who tries to barter on price.