Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. I've spent Weeks trying to find modern mug templates.
    By 2BPrint in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 09:39 PM
  2. Royal mail new shoebox size starting in next few weeks
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-10-2013, 10:10 AM
  3. I've had better weeks.
    By gorgall2 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-01-2013, 04:13 PM
  4. Ricoh / Power Driver for iMac
    By Postcard in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-08-2012, 10:08 AM
  5. The "Doing it cheap" scenario
    By Andrew in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brixhamboy View Post
    GoonerGary is absolutely right - the range of colour available via sublimation is far less than the Nikon D3200 will manage with ease. There will have to be a degree of trade-off somewhere along the line. Factor in the excitement of having to wait for the sublimated object to cook before discovering what colours you actually achieve and it looks like a few late night lay in store!

Good luck anyway
    Totally agree, not having too much trouble with sublimation of images onto tiles, mugs etc, this is a problem when producing 20" x 16" prints on textured and or coated fine art papers, think I'll stick to just subbing......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise you were printing onto fine art papers. You should not be experiencing half of these problems then. I think moving to PC could be a very wise decision under the circumstances.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry, busy day - ditto to above WRT making sure everything is calibrated with a Spyder or Munki (printer and monitors) as well as everything using Adobe RGB 1998 (camera, monitor and document profile in Photoshop)
    Although you seem to be having more problems with the art prints, I don't know the printer you're using.

Our business is similar, and all based on my wife's artwork and designs. We gave up on trying to photograph her artwork, and bought a large format scanner - we get much better focus and detail than any photography we did in-house or subbed out to pro-togs. For sublimation we use an Epson Stylus Pro 9600 (42" wide, 7 colour, running InkTec's Sublinova ink) and for art prints the 7600 (24" version of the 9600, running InkTec's pigment inks) If you're reproducing art then you will need more than the Ricoh office printer and better ink than Sawgrass' consumer inks can offer, especially when it's only 4 colours.

In terms of monitors to look at, make sure they're IPS rather than TN based panels.

For calibration, we use a Datacolor Spyder, the version we have has calibration for screens and paper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other little thing I have noticed and not had time to explore is that I needed to calibrate not just the screen and then the printer, I needed to use the calibrate screen to printer...still learning!

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    just quick question... is anything changed on your image when you moved it to your windows laptop? or is it exactly same image?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    just quick question... is anything changed on your image when you moved it to your windows laptop? or is it exactly same image?
    Hi Paul, I used the same Raw image from the camera card,trouble I have with the laptop though is the screen, nice and soft to the touch but far to small for image editing, so the mac is on Ebay and I'm looking at a twin monitor set up with HP Z series monitors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    The other little thing I have noticed and not had time to explore is that I needed to calibrate not just the screen and then the printer, I needed to use the calibrate screen to printer...still learning!

Janners
    Hmmm thanks for that Janners, not something I've done before so will start surfing the net to see how to do it with my Canon IPF5100

Thanks

John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yes but was image already edited on your mac or you edited it again on laptop before printing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Btw. How much you asking for your imac?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Btw. How much you asking for your imac?

Hi Paul, 650 with software left on, Adobe CS6 and Pro music stuff, targeted the ad towards a musician and or video user....