Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printer for Greeting Cards
    By liannef in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-01-2015, 08:11 PM
  2. greeting cards
    By guarddog14 in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-06-2014, 12:49 AM
  3. For Sale PVC card printer + Self weeding paper
    By Images Studio in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-08-2012, 12:21 AM
  4. canon business card printer
    By smitch6 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 06:58 PM
  5. accepting credit card & debit card payments
    By Jason in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Greeting card printer?

Does anyone print greeting cards using at least 350gsm stock as we are after a printer recommendation? I presume the Ricoh 3100 (normal inks) wouldn't be able to handle that card thickness. Thank you. Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Does anyone print greeting cards using at least 350gsm stock as we are after a printer recommendation? I presume the Ricoh 3100 (normal inks) wouldn't be able to handle that card thickness. Thank you. Olly
    Hi Olly

I'm looking for the same thing and being led towards the new Canon Pixmas however I again would be interested in peoples recommendations... John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi John. From things I've read most people point to Epson printers as being superior especially as apparently their latest inks are waterproof which stops smudges if people pick up a card with wet fingers. We are 50/50 as to whether to keep using printers (who know what they're doing) or doing in house (where we don't). Difficult one really. Apart from printer there is card stock and of course card creasing machine needed. Not sure if actually cheaper to do in house or not, what do you think? Have my eye on this currently http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017DD8MM..._t2_B00P7JC7JQ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Hi John. From things I've read most people point to Epson printers as being superior especially as apparently their latest inks are waterproof which stops smudges if people pick up a card with wet fingers. We are 50/50 as to whether to keep using printers (who know what they're doing) or doing in house (where we don't). Difficult one really. Apart from printer there is card stock and of course card creasing machine needed. Not sure if actually cheaper to do in house or not, what do you think? Have my eye on this currently http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017DD8MM..._t2_B00P7JC7JQ
    Interesting, I'm very much in two minds at the moment, my partner and I are talking about outsourcing all of our fine art printwork and have been talking to two companies at the moment both West of us but it would free our time up to concentrate on the building the sublimation side of the business it would also free up a lot of space as currently working in one room, Studio and Workshop on this years shopping list.....

First company is Blue Cedar Printworks in Glastonbury, I've spoken at some length to Nick their photgrapher and he's very clued up on photographing our Fine Art Pastel Paintings, they have a Large Format camera with a scan back so should be able to produce Large Format Gilcee prints to near originals, however their range of greetings cards is not great so again I've had a chat with Sixprint and am just waiting for their samole pack to arrive and see where we go. I'll keep you posted on the outcome as having a Large Format test print done next week by Blue Cedar.

http://bluecedarprintworks.co.uk/

http://www.sixprint.co.uk/cards.html

BTW you can get A5 cards printed for as little as 22p per unit but beware of print and card stock quality, been there and got the T-shirt lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope blue's service and quality is better than their website.
    6's card prices are very good but there canvas prices are VERY high.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We use http://www.theimagingcentre.co.uk/
    MOQ of 1000 cards, made up of up to 20 different designs
    Last time we ordered with them, the cost was 22p per card, including VAT, delivery, envelope and cellophane.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've requested samples from theimagingcentre so thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would second the recommendation for theimagingcentre. I've tried a few different places and their quality is great, as are the prices and the flexibility to include so many designs in a single print run.
    Science meets Art - microscope photographs revealing the beauty of the world around us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm pleased to have a second recommendation. We had some more samples from www.pennybatchgallery.co.uk today but still at around 35p a card I think a little too expensive still for the margin we need to add to sell wholesale.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i always thought you had to order 1000's so never looked into it