Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New Sawgrass Printer
    By spongerobinson in forum Printers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22-01-2015, 11:07 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 12:27 AM
  3. Questions about a printer that has already had "standard ink used in it"
    By chris_hosk in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-11-2012, 05:48 PM
  4. "Flushing" your printer?
    By totallypersonal in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-08-2011, 12:31 PM
  5. Epson D120 printer with new cis tanks and ink "SOLD"
    By silvia95 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm not aware that this printer has been designed from the ground up but I don't know much about it

From my own personal point I need more than 4 colour and there are no sensibly priced new Epsons available. Everything seems to be 4 colour. Suppliers tell me the newer 4 colour printers are as good as older 6/8 colour but I'm yet to be convinced.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    The new Sawgrass printers are not a rebadge but redesigned from the ground up to be dedicated sublimation printer (rather than colour office printer) just inside similar body. We actually moved over from 3110 to 400 today and very happy with better definition and speed of print. I would therefore presume the same with the new 628 where they turned Mutoh 628 into dedicated sublimation printer. We installed Powerdriver 4 (been using icc profiles until now) and very happy with colours although we have 7100 A3 printer and need to match colours on both (400 for mugs and 7100 for coasters/placemats) so hoping powerdriver will produce same colours on both. Anyone else use PD for A4 and A3 and get exact colour match? Olly
    Im afraid the 24inch sawgras machine is the mutoh 628 nothing added bar some bespoke firmware which does nothing but change a few settings, the head the ink lines everyhting else is std mutoh 628 If you want one i can get you one cheaper than the mutoh.. Oh and its a STD EPSON HEAD. OS Mutoh have an open policy about inks put in it what you like they just wont warranty the heads lol.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'm not aware that this printer has been designed from the ground up but I don't know much about it

From my own personal point I need more than 4 colour and there are no sensibly priced new Epsons available. Everything seems to be 4 colour. Suppliers tell me the newer 4 colour printers are as good as older 6/8 colour but I'm yet to be convinced.
    The droplet size is as good but if you need subtle tones especially fleshtones then 8 colour is better, however ive seen plenty of photographic results in 4 colour to show the quality as being good enough for many photographers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Which 4 colour machine would this be? Are the surecolor 7000 any good?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Which 4 colour machine would this be? Are the surecolor 7000 any good?
    The 7000 is EXACTLY the same electronics and mechanics as the other surecolour range so just pick the right width ive sold a few T5200s with no bother, again like all new epsons they have their fair share of head failures not as many as the previous model but all the same ive got 1 client has two heads in a 5200 which uses only epson inks. Then again ive got 6 clients all with my sublimations inks and not had any problems yet. as far as quality goes theyre all the same , yes if you buy the dedicated sublimation machine off Epson you get their warranty .

SUblimation machine are the SC F6000 and Sc F7000 range in 44 and 64 inch. compared to the SC-T5200 and Sc-T7200 which are 36 inch and 44 inch just to confuse matters, so to compare you need price for a T7200 v a F6000 both identical hardware bar the ink filling mechanism both 44 inch wide. Same print heads . Designed from the ground up is bull just like mutoh or sawgras version of theyre std printer with different ink more or less. The epson F series just has a different inking system using a chip system with inks in bags. most of my clients go for the 5200 as its 36inch and covers most sizes they need.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guilty of spending lots on hardware before calculating the 'return on investment'.

Yes, I'd love a 44" sublimation printer but then I'd need a large heat press and I know that good ones are expensive, very heavy and anything that produces heat will be costly to run!

So what is the market for large format sublimation?

Hmmm, the jury is out for me.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Up View Post
    I'm guilty of spending lots on hardware before calculating the 'return on investment'.

Yes, I'd love a 44" sublimation printer but then I'd need a large heat press and I know that good ones are expensive, very heavy and anything that produces heat will be costly to run!

So what is the market for large format sublimation?

Hmmm, the jury is out for me.
    Almost every singlelarge format client I have is making some sort of sportswear or Advertising flag maeterial I have one doing photography chromalux panels.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We mostly use the wide format side of things for printing pieces or rolls of fabric to turn into textile based products - lampshades, cushions, skirts, dresses, toiletry/cosmetics bags, baby blankets...
    Before we did those products though, we still had the 44" wide, and used it for more generic blanks like mugs, coasters and slates, which it still does a lot of too - we don't have a smaller sublimation printer, the 44" does everything