Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Wear your Brand Logo and Advertise - Embroidery
    By Stitch Up in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 30-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you advertise?

I am toying with advertising via yell.com, don't know whether this is a good idea or not, anybody had any experience with them?

I have had a number of quotes ranging from £18.00 pm to £36.00 pm.
    I am currently on ebay and etsy which is where i made a few sales up to xmas which was only a few quid to be honest and as I'm looking to build up, advertising I thought may be the way to go?

I have no website as yet, well I have the domain etc but the site is not up yet but looking to get this done in the next few weeks or so.

Needing advice on advertising etc and what really works best?

Thanks

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did you last look at a yell advert don't think I have seen one for years if I'm looking for something I either look on ebay or google.

I'm not saying sell on eBay cuz I don't and you won't make much money there after fees and postage costs trying to compete against foreign imports. Add to that if you get one or two bad buyers giving you duff feedback then you are trashed and soooo many now do that just to get the item for free.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem with advertising on google or yell is that other companies use those listings to cold call you daily...top page of google scams, fake advertising, interested in our service types?

I would set up your site and register on google maps?? Local people will find you.

Found it:
    https://www.google.com/business/
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 14-01-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, it's not listed with the usual 'ad' wording next to the post, all this is is that when certain keywords are typed within a certain geographical area, front page results i.e t-shirts printers

I have a 3-4 competitors, one is major which is a dtg setup and have been around for years. I did get over spill from them for a few items in the run up to xmas.

Fees and postage are a bit of a headache, £1.26 1st class for a shirt + the shirt (£1.50) and printing costs, I probably make a few quid on the shirt if selling for say £8.00 - £9.00 which is where ebay can destroy you due to the cheap imports, and yes, crappy feedback goes against you on ebay which is not great but have had none.

I hope i'd get more business locally but it's the initial jump and whether it's worth it in the long term (6 months is the term)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try facebook.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, Facebook 'Buy & Sell' groups for your region and further is the way to go.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All places they have mentioned is good, I've advertised in many places and its been a waste of money, word of mouth from other people have increased who know about my business than advertising. We have a website and that in its own way is advertising as well as bringing in income. Facebook has been good for us
    Last edited by jennywren; 15-01-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't go down the advertising route. I have a website, not great so far but needs a little tweaking to get noticed on google. I have a facebook page and also thought i'd go with shopify to boost this as they have a store and also facebook selling options from which i had 1 visit grrrrr!

I am now thinking of shop windows advertising in my local area for the cheap option but had some great feedback from locals that I have printed for so may well be worth a shot?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, i am about to launch on Shopify, Etsy, Facebook, Twitter. Will have to pay for advertising to get the reach on Facebook and have a number of email marketing campaigns set up using a marketing suite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    every sale we get on amazon, or ebay, we slip in a flyer for our web site and wee discount as well just to dangle the carrot a bit ;)
    twitter is a lot better than fadbook ( spelling intentional )....more interaction on twitter and a much larger audience me thinks....we fire up new products for sale on amazon via twitter,use certain hashtags, sure enough we get some sales on that product within 2/3 days...so something must be working - but twitter takes time to build up followers, and the such....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.