Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Does anybody use those funny things?
    By JMugs in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-07-2015, 04:51 AM
  2. Changed a few things on my website
    By Mattie in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-02-2014, 12:23 PM
  3. Oh Heck!......When things go not quite as planned
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 16-05-2012, 04:51 PM
  4. problems - best to do things right from the start ...
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-11-2010, 10:26 AM
  5. Placemats & things .....
    By AdamB in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supplier and all things sub help!

I'm not exactly sure where to post this but here seems the best place.

We're a canvas studio and are new to the sublimation industry. We are currently using a Ricoh printer and paper for our mugs, which went down well over Christmas and gave us our first taste of sublimation printing. We have purchased a Stahl's 400x500 flatbed swing arm heat press, mug press and a 3D oven and have ordered number of products from different suppliers (i.e. 2/3D phone cases, subliglass mouse mats, etc.) My worry is that we had to purchase the products from a number of different suppliers and the quality of said products may not be consistent. We would like some help, if possible, from other users who have more experience from suppliers of all things sublimation related. We don't want to make any expensive mistakes in regards to bad/poor quality products (including paper, inks, etc.)

i.e does anybody have any tips on using the 3D vacuum press? is it better to use sublimation film for 3D sub printing?

We would love to have a hear from more experienced people and would greatly appreciate some help.

We are very experienced in canvas and photographic printing and anyone who needs help in this area please contact us and we'd be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally 3D vacuum units are a pain in the arse, they are not cheap but fail for a pastime..... either the vacuum goes or the temperature control has like a 20/30C shift which will cause you problems with consistence only really a problem on batch jobs, one off jobs the punter won't notice much less care.

Phone cases vary drastically from one batch to the next even with the same supplier and it's a cutthroat market trying to compete with the likes of ebay and low cost foreign suppliers who can often make a profit selling at a lower price than even our UK postage charge. Many who have used film find that they get equal if not better results with paper.

There is a brilliant old thread on here about how to get good results with 3D phone cases and paper. http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...hread.php?9047

Most now prefer the flat metal insert phone cases which are a doddle.

Great choice on press Stahl's.

Any of the suppliers on here are great and reliable and you can use your discount. Don't forget to check out BMS their price is keen and also The Transfer Press.
    Last edited by ArferMo; 16-01-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank's for the info Arfermo. We would not anticipate doing large batches of the 3d covers, but i have just bought it including all the pucks for 15,5s,6,6+, ipad, mini etc.... not a cheap exercise! I would like to think that we would make a bit back. The thread that you mentioned, is this the one where you cut the corners?
    I have bought some supplies from some of the companies on here (before i joined) so missed my discount! We are just waiting for delivery now. It sounds like the 2d cases are the way to go then really. I have ordered some of these including the faux leather ones as well. We are looking forward to testing everything, i just hope we don't f$£"k it up for too long with temperatures. Different suppliers seem to have doing different ideas about times, I know they are only guides but still....
    Kr
    Joe

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yours is a good press so will be stable and even, unlike the low cost clam chinese imports that make great door stops. Don't rush letting it fully warm up and equalise that is where most people fall foul, I have a pneumatic Adkins, turn it on and go make a coffee or two and open the post/email for at least 20 minutes then I know it's fully warmed through and ready for a days work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

joe & Lisa Newbies

Funny enough i have just sent the youngest son down to turn it on. I am going to test a iphone 6+ case now. As far as i can tell, the temp should be 185c for 50 seconds face up is this about right?
    kr
    Joe

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what type plastic or metal time and temp are in the ballpark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Balanda View Post
    Funny enough i have just sent the youngest son down to turn it on. I am going to test a iphone 6+ case now. As far as i can tell, the temp should be 185c for 50 seconds face up is this about right?
    kr
    Joe
    good luck using your 3d machine. get plenty coffee/tea in, your gonna need it - trust me.

and more so when it comes to selling the dam things .
    grass aint always greener on the other side my friend.

been there, several t-shirts to prove it,(search this forum) so to say.
    still got the 2 mini vacuum ovens in the cupboard, along with all the pucks for nearly all the phone cases, + shed load of cases...

more hassle, and time consuming than they are worth IMHO, and the sales, sorry, lack of sales one will get selling these things, make it waste of time, and not to mention - MONEY !

but good luck, you might be different.....Hmm, i thought that as well at the time....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Big J,
    Time will tell.... We are lucky that we will not be reliant on this as our main source of income, so if it's not for us, then we will have only lost a bit of pride & money, no big deal we are big boys & girls. I am quietly confident that it will work out. Our main product range is from our custom canvas & photographic prints. We have a very good rep in our area for producing quality products. The idea was to branch out a bit into sub and offer something a bit different. I do understand though that it's a tough market and we don't have rose tinted glasses on. We can always stick to the flatbed.....
    Thank's for your comments though,
    Kr
    Joe