Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Print quality and colours are poor.
    By Rgcouk in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 08:29 PM
  2. Generally poor print quality - tips please?
    By muckyducky in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 02:04 AM
  3. Weak image quality ..
    By Volusian in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-06-2013, 09:15 PM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 18-09-2012, 09:31 AM
  5. Poor Quality Print
    By chez in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very poor quality image with a new CISS Is it Normal

Hi guys,

I just set up new CISS with sublimation ink for my Epson Sylus Photo 1500w and I was shocked by the poor quality of the images.

(I don't know if it get clear from the photo the poor quality of the print... I attach the original file to compare with)

I don't know if the ink is wrong, the paper or the printer.
    I know that the images printed on sublimation paper are lighter but the one I got is VERY POOR.

The same printer prints perfect images with no branded CISS ink on Epson photo paper.

Would you please advise if the image I got should look like this or something in the system is wrong.

I don't want to transfer onto sublimation item yet because I have limited quantity of them and I want to be sure everything is OK before I do it.

My sublimation ink (dye) is not branded - from eBay (but advertised as a High Quality one- ha ha)
    The paper has been bought from UK Cutter and it is not branded too. I know for the fact they sell lots of chines stuff and I don't know the origin of the paper.
    I haven't use ISS profile for this prints.

Also, is there any cheap materials or items I can purchase to make test transfers onto them.
    As I said i don't want to waste my expensive "for sublimation" items.

Thanks a lot
    Ayra
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ayra; 12-02-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ayra

Looks to me like you have been the subject of very poor quality inks and paper, i deal with the Chinese inks and I know how many bad ones are out there also paper. As rule of thumb the best paper is made by Coldenhove Cham is another good one I know good Chinese inks but can't say anything Id suggest you contact Sensient they are not selling at a price you get from Sawgrass and the quality is excellent.

Profile should be fine

Tony

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ayra

For a start, The image will be lighter before you press it on to the subject, CISS is not a favorite of mine, I could never get it to work, In my opinion there is only one way truly to sublimate, and that is a Ricoh with saw grass inks. Also you say that you have not used an ICC , why not? You need an ICC so the printer knows the colours to mix. By the way i'm no expert i have only been doing sublimation for around 2 years, what i know has been learnt by trial and error and reading the forum.

My advice is, buy a Ricoh, with saw grass inks, ditch the Epson, and the chinese inks, you will never get the consistency

Regards
    Peter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony,

Thank you for the advice
    what i found is a Switzerland company with that name.
    Do they have UK representative.

and they have not Light Cyan and Light Magenta for Epson Stylus series
    http://www.elvajet.com/sensientinkje...cartridges.pdf

do you think I can purchase the one for R series or for Claria series.
    Plus.... I don't see the prides.
    How do you purchase from them?

Regards
    A
    Last edited by Ayra; 12-02-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Peter,

First, How you have never get it work.... the system never had started work or the images you printed with the CISS had appeared not good...?
    Because i have made it work - it prints. But i don't know what light means - how light the image should be.
    I don't know anything about Ricoh with saw grass inks .... I will make a research. What is this glass inks - are they the same as the sublimation inks.... Sorry is you find my question stupid, but i have never use Ricoh.

Plus.... I would prefer to try to make the system I have to work before I purchase new printer.

Also I have no any Icc profile.
    Where from can I download any.

Regards
    Ayra
    Last edited by Ayra; 12-02-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayra View Post
    Hi Peter,

First, How you have never get it work.... the system never had started work or the images you printed with it CISS are not good...?
    Because i have made it work - it prints. But i don't know what light means - how light the image should be.
    I don't know anything about Ricoh with saw grass inks .... I will make a research. What is this glass inks - are they the same as the sublimation inks.... Sorry is you find my question stupid, but i have never use Ricoh.
    Hi Ayra

The image that a printed sublimated image will always look let's say ......... dull, until you heat it up. that is normal and the pro's in here will tell you the same.

When i had an epson ciss, it was OK at first, but once you leave it standing, the heads in the printer will get blocked, you will get air in the lines, they were my problems, in the end it went out the window.

Look for Richo printer with saw grass inks, there are suppliers on here that sell them together.

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Peter

I will try to find any of those Ricoh with saw grass inks

RegardsAyra

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ayra ..what epson printer do you have ? ...Did you try to print these to any substrate ??.......I don't agree with Richo All the time option as Epson do quite well too ..... But it all depend on the quality of the ink , printer model may be printer profiles etc.....

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry my bad you have a great printer so if you have good ink it cant go bad....Print them and see the quality 1st ....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ravisteam,
    The printer is Epson Stylus Photo 1500w.
    I am pretty sure the printer make excellent prints, because up till now I have used it for printing photos.
    It work perfectly with Epson papers.

I blame either the paper either the ink, ..... but most likely it is me.
    After the failure withe the sublimation print I put back the normal ink CISS and I expected that it will make perfect print after 1 or 2 full color pages, but it appeared the prints was stripy and poor. Obviously lots of the nuzzles have been blocked.
    I spent hour and a half to clean it.

Maybe I haven't fill up the sublimation system properly and an air has blocked the nuzzles.

I just ordered cleaning cartridges and after they arrived I will try again.
    I want to be sure that if I block the head (the nuzzles) again I will be able to do deep cleaning with cleaning liquid.

Till then I will make better research about the paper and ink.

Ayra
    Last edited by Ayra; 13-02-2016 at 08:48 AM.