Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Print quality and colours are poor.
    By Rgcouk in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 07:29 PM
  2. Generally poor print quality - tips please?
    By muckyducky in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 01:04 AM
  3. Weak image quality ..
    By Volusian in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-06-2013, 08:15 PM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 18-09-2012, 08:31 AM
  5. Poor Quality Print
    By chez in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an epson 1500w, with a Ciss and I do my own ICC, the printer is excellent. You will not know how it prints until you actually press the images, you will need an ICC.

If you go down the route you have, it will reward you, but you need to spend money on an ICC or the equipment to do your own, you need to spend money on test printing, to establish times and temperatures for every product you will be printing on. If you want to maximise your print quality you will have different iCCs for different substrates. If you change paper or ink suppliers you need new iCCs.

Rest assured the 1500w is a very good printer, the ciss will work very well.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Janners,

I am happy to spend money and time to do or purchase ICC but I don't know where from.
    I have done my own ICC with Adobe Color Management (I think) long time ago, but I could see the result immediately and judge if it is good or not. It is different here because whatever come out from the printer is not what would be at the end....

But you are right I have to find my own way to do it on the products I plan to transfer on.

I wanted to be sure I am going on the right direction and I have the right ink and paper.
    Because it could appears at the end that I have I spent so much time and money but because of a small detail at the beginning of the chain all other efforts are bound to fail.

Ayra

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have recommended a known and readily available ink source (eg sublinova) and the same for paper (jetstream, trupix etc), then you know the basics are good. Profile wise is "Paul" on here.

Janners
    Last edited by JMugs; 13-02-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Janners

I will try them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cvgpeter View Post
    Hi Ayra

For a start, The image will be lighter before you press it on to the subject, CISS is not a favorite of mine, I could never get it to work, In my opinion there is only one way truly to sublimate, and that is a Ricoh with saw grass inks.

My advice is, buy a Ricoh, with saw grass inks, ditch the Epson, and the chinese inks, you will never get the consistency

Regards
    Peter

you are having a giraffe m8 ..did you see my post on here with 3, yes 3 ricoh 3110's sitting here in office, all with crappy banding issues sitting doing bugger all.
    where as, my epsons, well, they are the true work horses of this industry...and i get consistency not a problem at all

photo quality images, no banding and we using CISS systems with NO BOTHER at all....all maintained regularly.

recommend ricohs and rip off sawgrass inks ONLY if you starting out - and even then, personally, i would take 3/6 months and learn how to fit and maintain ciss systems, where to source better quality sub inks/papers from, buy £200-300 worth of stock and sit and practice how to sublimate perfectly, all the products i wanted to sell to make profit from....

i did this yrs ago when i started out myself.....how i learn? trial and error/practice, reading a hell of a lot on here, and youtube..and also used every one of the £300 of stock i bought "just" to practice on......you can check my post on here from way back..

we started out from the very beginning using BROTHER 5910's then onto BROTHER 6510 printers, and very successfully to...
    but they took a pounding with the sublimation inks, and after couple of yr, were starting to show there age, so moved to epsons..
    then took a daft notion to try these RICOH printers every one was banging on about - WORST DECISION EVER !! £200 wasted, unless we can figure out how to cure the banding ....but, apparently, RICOH KNOW this is a problem with these printers, and doing bugger all about it.

but...
    each to there own in this business...you live and learn.
    sometimes the easy way, mostly the hard way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    you are having a giraffe m8 ..did you see my post on here with 3, yes 3 ricoh 3110's sitting here in office, all with crappy banding issues sitting doing bugger all.
    where as, my epsons, well, they are the true work horses of this industry...and i get consistency not a problem at all

photo quality images, no banding and we using CISS systems with NO BOTHER at all....all maintained regularly.

recommend ricohs and rip off sawgrass inks ONLY if you starting out - and even then, personally, i would take 3/6 months and learn how to fit and maintain ciss systems, where to source better quality sub inks/papers from, buy £200-300 worth of stock and sit and practice how to sublimate perfectly, all the products i wanted to sell to make profit from....

i did this yrs ago when i started out myself.....how i learn? trial and error/practice, reading a hell of a lot on here, and youtube..and also used every one of the £300 of stock i bought "just" to practice on......you can check my post on here from way back..

we started out from the very beginning using BROTHER 5910's then onto BROTHER 6510 printers, and very successfully to...
    but they took a pounding with the sublimation inks, and after couple of yr, were starting to show there age, so moved to epsons..
    then took a daft notion to try these RICOH printers every one was banging on about - WORST DECISION EVER !! £200 wasted, unless we can figure out how to cure the banding ....but, apparently, RICOH KNOW this is a problem with these printers, and doing bugger all about it.

but...
    each to there own in this business...you live and learn.
    sometimes the easy way, mostly the hard way
    Exactly we all have our own way of doing things. All I was saying is that the richo seems to be the popular choice of Printers for sublimation. It works well for me and others on here. For standard printing we use the Epson work station no faults high picture quality. But for subbing Epson just wouldn't work

Peter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly we all have our own way of doing things. All I was saying is that the richo seems to be the popular choice of Printers for sublimation. It works well for me and others on here. For standard printing we use the Epson work station no faults high picture quality. But for subbing Epson just wouldn't work

Peter
    why would they not work ? please enlighten me further ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ......But for subbing Epson just wouldn't work

Peter
    bigi2552 mentioned in a previous post that he has 3 working Epson (2 of them with CISS and sublimation ink) and 2 not working Ricohs.
    You claim the opposite.
    What "But for subbing Epson just wouldn't work" manse

I am looking for the truth and I see there are lots of view points.
    Last edited by Ayra; 13-02-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We've always used Epson Stylus Pro model printers, with InkTec's sublinova ink, a mix of Coldenhove and Inktec papers, and our own ICC profiling.
    They've never let us down, and we would not be tempted away from Epson to Ricoh, and avoid Sawgrass at all costs!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Epsons too ...1500W is a great printer and works well with CISS...So your Epson is a great option 6 colours and A3 ..I hear some CISS can be buggy and you can get banding .1st of all make sure your printer head is working properly (I normally buy normal carts and check the head if its good then I know either my CISS or Ink is not good )....If you think the head is blocked check some you-tube videos for DIY solutions ...