Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. sunangel transfer papers
    By Dave271069 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 22-05-2015, 09:51 AM
  2. any dark transfer papers with stretch?
    By soulclaimed in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 07:28 PM
  3. light and dark paper, difference?
    By uk1simon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 04:50 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 09:39 PM
  5. Light on Dark
    By malcycee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on transfer papers, light and dark.

Hi all, newbie here looking for some advice on light and dark transfer papers.
    No1, I'm currently using transfer paper from a company called mdp, now I have to say I'm not having much luck. The light paper is driving me insane with it removing half my print or not being able to pull the backing paper away after pressing.
    Now the dark I've had better results but I'm not convinced either the paper or me is working properly. I have found that after a few washes either the print comes off certain areas(only small at present) or the colours seem to fade.

I'm using an epson xp760 printer, first with original inks then tried aftermarket inks.
    I am also using a heat press to press with.

No2, Can somebody talk me through how they go about this from start to finish Inc any difference they may change in press times, heat settings, printer settings.

No3, Can anybody explain how these transfer papers work? This may sound a stupid question but it may help me understand what I might need to alter to achieve a good finished job, I.e does the heat not only stick them but activate the colour finish.

Sorry for such a big ask.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've had some great results with Xpres papers but these are through a colour laser printer. Not an expensive printer at all, I use the Oki C511dn.

You do need a good press with some of the papers as a heavy pressure can be required.

Sorry, that probably doesn't answer your question......
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admittedly my press is not the best but has never failed me using htv in any form, just seems to be the transfer papers. I have no idea who makes the product I use as it's unbranded and comes in a clear zip bag with 10 sheets per bag.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YOLO neenah papers are brilliant very soft feel to them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to love jet pro sofstretch for lights from yolo until I had lots of problems with backing paper sticking thar might have been an issue with my old press so might give aanother go with the new one. Nice hand not atall plasticy although cant say the same for their 3g jet opaque but its always going to be an issue on darks especially with inkjet prints as the transfer material on darks is there in place of a white layer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to soulclaimed For This Useful Post:

gtd_mcmillan (16-06-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jet Pro Soft Stretch paper from Yolo (10% discount for DSF Premium Members) at 190c and 30s. 3110dn Ricoh and OEM inks. We transfer onto natural cotton bags and 100% perfect every time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this info is great but can anybody explain to me the mechanics of heat transfer paper.

How does it work, how does it keep ink locked away after washing. Is it better to let it sit for some time before heat pressing, does the heat from the press cure the paper.

I'm really interested in how this stuff actually works deep down not just how to use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed a slight variation in colour going from yolo inkjet dark to laser dark, my laser printer doesn't seem to be as vibrant and darker

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No mention is given to your press, - and little to your laser printer, - yet
    imho
    these are more important than the paper.

For white T's - you ABSOLUTELY must use the highest pressure possibile, - and that generally means a £1000 press
    for none white, - the laser printer is more critical, - due to the very heavy weight of the media, - the fuser MUST convey a lot of heat to the full length of the A4 sheet to bond the laser image to the media sheet, - and most lightweight tabletop priners- even on ultra heavy single sheet feed, - run out of heat in the fuser rollers BEFORE the full sheet is printed, - so you get inperfect transfere especially on the tail end of the page.
    We have used the magic touch TMT media for 20 years - since they started, - they are great, - but they wont work with a poor printer, - or transfere without a great press.
    laser required better hardware than sub.....
    To be fair, - much of the media is quite similar, - but Magic Touch technical support is fantastic.
    But none of it will work proper without the right kit!
    If you have a cheap press, - stick to sub!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

11. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (16-09-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% agree with Logobear on this, You may find that you will get away with some papers but the minute you buy yourself a adkins press you will understand what everyone means when they say its your press that is not up to standards. i had 3 or 4 Chinese presses when i started and i thought they were great until i purchased a second hand adkins,

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave271069 For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (02-10-2016)