Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson 7890 Alternative
    By JMugs in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 10:45 AM
  2. Epson 3880 vs 7890
    By astroanalyst in forum Printers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-09-2015, 10:36 PM
  3. Epson 7890 Profile
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 27-03-2015, 05:29 PM
  4. Sold Epson 7890 - Spares or Repair
    By Fidget242 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that - The chap that instructed me to do this process said I shouldn't judge the fact it printed perfectly - he suggested the cyan was put into flood mode. When I bought the printer it came with a spare light cyan cartridge as a gift. Should I try replacing the cyan with this?

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO such thing as FLOOD mode , the only time an epson printer FLOOD is when its initial fill the nozzles are fully opened without the crystal vibrating. you MAY have a pressure issue whcih a new cart may solve so its worth a try

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought the printer oddly enough they gave me an extra light cyan Sawgrass cartridge - should I swap the faulty cyan that's blocking the printhead with this - Any thoughts?

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    When I bought the printer oddly enough they gave me an extra light cyan Sawgrass cartridge - should I swap the faulty cyan that's blocking the printhead with this - Any thoughts?
    As i said it cant hurt if the chips allows you to put in in or swap the chip. It at least will show if you have an air leak in the cart.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine lasted 14 months and the head died. I guess the offer to have a new printer, give up the warranty on the 7890 and the fact they don't want it back may be a hint!

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id hazard a guess the VJ wont be much better as its the same printhead !! Id be interested to see in a few months how many have failed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Why on earth would SG go to the lengths of selling a very expensive 24" printer if it was going to fail? Surely the 7890 was a lesson? As some have said, maybe the inks were to blame and the problem has been rectified to avoid the same issues?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting about the inks. I shall explain.
    I sold mine for the casing to somebody who was moving one, dropped it and smashed it to bits as it rolled off the stand and on to a solid floor! When he stripped mine he called me to tell me that the ink was congealed in the lines and best I never use whoever was supplying my ink again! This was a professional printer who strips and services the numerous machines in his works, there was no need to call me with feedback, nor had it been asked for, but was welcome all the same.

I would like to go back to printing larger panels but until I have confidence in a printer at the sort of prices the 7890 were, I shall avoid it.

I haven't been able to find any confirmation that the head is different.

So I agree with Mags and Justin in that it all appears very odd.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Head is the same DX7, some suppliers are trying to say this is an industrial version but according to Epson they just describe the head as industrial, it isn't different. mags will hopefully confirm I am right here?

Interesting to hear the inks were congealing,great feedback. I can only assume it was the inks as I know of so many of these printers being used with Epson ink etc. that simply don't fail in the same numbers. i recently tried a new (to me) brand of wide format ink and when I siphoned it back out to throw back at them it looked like it was congealing as well. I have 8 bottles of the stuff if anyone wants to decorate their walls or something :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Bruno just wondering what you think of your vj628 printer. My 7890 has just done the same as yours. Ive been offered the vj628 at reduced price.