Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Dye Sublimation Colour Issues
    By Brookelm in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-01-2016, 07:31 PM
  2. Anyone else having issues with MDP?
    By windyash in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-04-2015, 09:31 PM
  3. Two issues really
    By guarddog14 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Last Post: 20-11-2014, 09:03 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-11-2013, 10:23 PM
  5. Epson D120 issues - I have two of them, each with different issues!
    By barryslip in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Last Post: 21-01-2011, 02:15 PM

Thread: Colour issues

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colour issues

I have got my self a second screen for my work. The issues I am having is the colours are all over the place. I will try and explain. The image that is across the two screens it is a PDF, was made using the lower laptop and coral draw sometime ago. The top section, in the middle of the photo, is how the colours should be. Yet the original coreldraw image, top of photo is now darker yet they are both on the same screen.
    Hope this makes sense. If I the original image on the laptop it is still the darker image. I know that a calibrated screen would be best but is there any thing else I could do.
    Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly a colour space mismatch between acrobat and corel. How do they print ?.

This may help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/usin...-settings.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    Possibly a colour space mismatch between acrobat and corel. How do they print ?.
    I am not trying to print them but my client wanted me to change some of the text for his van before I cut the vinyl. I opened the original file in Corel where I designed it and as the picture shows it is all dark. So I opened the PDF file I had sent the client to see if I had made a major error in the colour I ordered and it is as the photo shows a lot lighter. Nothing has changed as far as I am aware but the whole colour seems darker on the top screen. I have opened other files since and it seems that the second screen is a lot darker. I have tried to adjust the monitors colour adjustments but nothing seems to work. The laptop is quite old it could be that it is on its way out, could the graphics card not able to cope with two screens. They are both set at high resolution 32 bit.

I have just opened the file on my daughters laptop in Corel and it is spot on with the colours. I think I need a new laptop!
    Last edited by Quinsfan; 18-04-2016 at 09:06 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably agree with that !. The chances of both screens matching without profiling are pretty remote and you may find that even then they will never match. I have a NEC reference as my main monitor but have never been able to get my second monitor anywhere near as good. Not a problem really as long as one is accurate. I am wondering why the two windows on the samsung are so different.

A rough and ready way to calibrate used to be with Adobe Gamma, probably on your machine if still using W7 so worth a try. No longer available on W10 but this link will explain how to access built in version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    I am wondering why the two windows on the samsung are so different.
    That's what's my main concern. As I say in my other post if I open the original file on my daughters laptop it matches the PDF on the Samsung monitor. I have put them side by side.
    The two monitors are connected by serial leads and not sub if that makes a difference.
    Many thanks
    Iain