Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. slight discolouration by handle on mugs
    By Kyebie in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-01-2015, 11:05 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16-04-2014, 01:32 PM
  3. Please any help appreciated
    By andye in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 10:40 AM
  4. Hello again + a little advice would be appreciated
    By Burrelly7 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14-08-2012, 02:04 PM
  5. Trying to match two fonts - help appreciated?
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffyflumprach View Post
    Also, thinking if it is the inks how do I go about replacing them?
    I've got an Epson stylus office B1100 and use CISS, where's best to use and supplies good quality inks with it?
    B1100 isn't a very nice printer I'm afraid, 1500 is so much better :-) That said, it should be up to the job. Worth checking out Inktec inks, you can buy 100ml of each on eBay. You'd need to flush the old inks, maybe invest in a new CIS (City Ink Express are very good) they also do inks but I've never tried them.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just done one after reading your message. The photo alignment definitely isn't perfect so will keep running that to improve it but so far looks like it may have improved the yellow problem a little. Doesn't seem to be as bad when I decrease the press temperature too. Obviously something to do with the yellow ink in some way though as have done a colour print test and blue is perfect, just becomes worse the more yellow is in the colour. Wonder if I can change just the yellow ink?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin,
    Yep I think i'll look into the price of a new cis with inks for this B1100 versus getting the 1500, when you say it's much better, do you mean quality and/or less issues? I must say this B1100 has been a total pain with air in cis system, generally pretty clunky. Who would you recommend if I were getting the 1500, cis and inks?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    City Ink sell the complete 1500 setup on eBay, like I say, not experienced their inks but their CIS are the best I've used.

1500 is better in every aspect. 6 colour print is superb and build quality is far better. I've always liked the small Epsons but the B1100 was awful. Clunky is a great word and describes it well! I found it very noisy and print very poor.

Ricoh 3110 is a simple 4 colour A4 option. With refil carts and inks it's not too expensive to setup. 1500 obviously gives you A3 though.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah thanks for the heads up. Yep if I invest in a new printer would have to be A3 and the 6 colour print sounds better for me so will look into the 1500, and yes unbelievably noisy the B1100 ha!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First set of T shirts I made printed an off white colour in all the clear paper area's, had to ditch the lot. Discovered that the supplied artwork background was not pure white but not noticeable on the print and the room I was pressing in had poor light, don't think this is your problem but worth a mention.