Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 12:27 AM
  2. Sourcing non chinchilla Glass chopping boards / worktop savers
    By kevdsn in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 08:53 AM
  3. Sold George Knight DK20S Swing Heat Press 16" x 20" Size
    By Fidget242 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-04-2014, 01:52 PM
  4. Glass chopping boards
    By JMugs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-08-2013, 06:42 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 10:36 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Best option for 12" x 16" Chopping Boards?

Relatively seasoned in printing mugs but only done a few t shirts with a cheap £100 heat press that I bought from signzworld a long time ago, and even then I mainly do vinyl rather than sublimation.

However, we've just had an order from an existing customer for a large number of glass chopping boards (with another large order to follow in August), but they want the 12" x 16" size and our current heat press is only 15" x 15".

I've been looking around and there aren't many heat presses capable of doing 16" which is suprising, but these are the few I've found:

1. £346: What looks like a generic heat press: http://www.dyesublimationsupplies.co...at-press-40-50
    2. £499: FreeSub ST-4050A: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272202441915
    3. £780: Galaxy DP60: http://www.subliblanks.com/printers-...axy-Heat-Press

Our current mug presses are: 2 x Freesub ST-210's and a Galaxy Mug Press Pro. They have all been excellent, but I'd say the Freesub gives better coverage edge to edge.

Any opinions would be great.

Longforte
    Hi gazfocus,

Hope you're well.

We also stock the press you had at no.1 on your list. They have been working very well for a lot of people especially with larger production runs thanks to the semi-automatic functions.

Our press is here: http://www.longforte.com/automatic-c...ll-40cm-x-50cm

It's 40cm x 50cm and is semi-automatic in that you just close the lid and it will open by itself once the countdown has completed. Definitely saves you some arm work and the price is very reasonable especially with a 1 year warranty included. It's made by the same people who make Adkins presses so quality is not an issue.

Hope that helps but feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
    Jay

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.

Im just a bit sceptical about things that don't have a 'brand' attached. Makes me think, if it was good quality, surely the manufacturer would want their name on it.

I started out with cheap chinese presses and the 38cm one I have cost me about £100-£120 but is a bit hit and miss really, so don't want to fall into the same trap of buying something just because it's cheap (the Freesub is by no means expensive and is still Chinese but they guarantee the press for 5000 presses).

Longforte
    Hey gazfocus,

Totally understand what you mean. All we can base it on is the track record of our sales and the feedback we get from our customers. We've only had one minor problem with them since we've been selling them which was resolved in less than 24 hours which is great for everyone. I agree that with heat presses it is definitely worth spending more than the £100-120 you mentioned but in our experience it needn't cost the earth for good quality :)

Anyway if you do have any questions about it or the other 'branded' Adkins presses we sell we're always here to help!

Kind regards,
    Jay