Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 3D sublmation Machine Review
    By XpressDesigns in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 05:03 AM
  2. Mini Vac Machine & Film
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 11:52 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-12-2014, 11:03 PM
  4. Sunfly
    By uri in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 12:00 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunfly A4 film machine review

Hello everybody, I received 2 weeks ago a new machine that Sunfly recently made (I think it's not yet in their catalog but well). It can do 2 cases at 115C for 180S.

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7l9k09bnl4...chine.mp4?dl=0

(In this video, the machine is naked, here is how it looks really.)

I paid $900 for the machine (normally $1000 I asked a discount lol), $200 for jigs (2x iPhone & 6x Samsung Galaxy), $45 for 50 sheets of A4 film and $315 for shipping to France by DHL (invoice total: $1460). Total payment was €1315.60 with bank fees, I also paid €153 VAT (declared customs value was $250) when I received it. It took 2 weeks to produce and ship, the machine weighs roughly 60kg in its carton so don't go to pick it up alone.

As for the machine, it works fine. I recommend using their transparent film which is resistant to leaks/cracking as well as their plastic blanks (specially made for film). Before using the machine, I preheat it at 115C for about 40 minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by malkram; 12-09-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks interesting.
    Last edited by Earl Smith; 22-06-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malkram View Post

2 small problems with Sunfly (again, I'll post photos tomorrow), that are not related to the machine:

1. Their blanks (plastic with coating) are for film, making that they are smaller than polymer ones (those that are used for paper at 180C) and fit exactly the jig, and sometimes they shrink too much and they are fu***d up but it's quite rare. But you can still use polymer cases of other providers that will shrink normally, but as I said it's rare, and you can still cook at 100C for like 240/360S.

2. Their film is weird because if you print something that has for example horizontal lines, they will not be horizontal lol. In other words, while stretching it doesn't print the exact shapes of the image. I tried other films (gold, silver, transparent, all from other providers) and they don't have this problem, Ivan from Sunfly even admitted that it is a problem that they didn't solve yet.. Once again, I have to investigate this, maybe I have to reduce vacuum delay time (7 seconds) because their film is thinner than the other ones.
    Hi malkram,
    Thank you for this review: I'm having the same problems.
    I'm trying to print some kind of photo mosaic, with white lines separating photos: obviously these lines are straight on the printed film, but the sublimation process causes a distorsion that results in lines with a wave form (the result is also random from one try to the other).

I'm using the A2 machine from Sunfly (http://www.sun-fly-sublimation.com/3...64_c25-30.html )
    So at first I thought that this error was due to the larger area of the film (maybe amplifying the error).

Can you tell me which products I could try to solve this problem? (keeping the color quality?)

About the blanks - sometimes I get them a bit "warped" so they fit the jig but the surface is not perfectly flat: I think this might be another cause of the lines distortion; what do you think? Do you have any advice about the pre-cook?

Thank you very much

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Looks interesting.
    Can I just say something? It is not advisable to write "I also paid €153 VAT (declared customs value was $250) when I received it." The bean counters might be watching and give you slap. Be careful, they have eyes everywhere.
    I will delete this if and when you delete that text.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by piquattro View Post
    About the blanks - sometimes I get them a bit "warped" so they fit the jig but the surface is not perfectly flat: I think this might be another cause of the lines distortion; what do you think? Do you have any advice about the pre-cook?
    The problem is clearly the film, Ivan from Sunfly admitted it. I tried other films and it worked fine (no line distorsion).

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review.
    Is the machine still performing well?
    Do the corners come out okay on something like an iPhone 5 with a 90 degree angle and are there any issues with the film bursting with certain cases?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICF View Post
    Great review.
    Is the machine still performing well?
    Do the corners come out okay on something like an iPhone 5 with a 90 degree angle and are there any issues with the film bursting with certain cases?
    Yes the machine still performs well.

As for the corners, it may happen that they don't fold perfectly (especially iPhone 4 & 5, other models that have round corners have less problems). I'm working out this issue with Sunfly.

Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Malkram , how much did you pay for this machine ..It seems good as low temp and time it takes ...Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    Hi Malkram , how much did you pay for this machine ..It seems good as low temp and time it takes ...Thanks
    really ? sorry but you could have read the whole post before asking questions come on mate..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Malkram
    Did you get to solve the corner problem?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Malkram
    Did you get to solve the corner problem?