Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. OBA to Barcode Ready
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-10-2015, 09:36 AM
  2. Longforte mug ready paper.
    By gorgall2 in forum Printers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 17-04-2015, 02:41 PM
  3. Sold full sublimation set up, ready to go.
    By 2manymugz in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-06-2011, 06:23 PM
  4. Ready Made Transfers
    By accdave in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-12-2009, 10:40 PM
  5. Are you ready for another newcomer?
    By Flash in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 30-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I've also had a problem with the mugs. I don't have your package, but everything worked brilliantly on the other press, except for the mug press! I was also at a complete loss why the colour was so dull and faded, it had spots and was brown. I worked and worked on all the settings on CS, then decided if they were perfect for all the other products, just not for the mugs why was I now changing it? I eventually (thanks to some helpful tips on here) reduced the temp and pressure and had the perfect mug..... one one side!!!!! The other side was still brown with spots. I have requested another mug press.....
    But I know how you feel, I wanted to cry because the mugs were the items I knew would sell well! Thankfully I've still managed to sell the 'rejects' at cost, but it would be nice to have a decent mug though! Good luck! It is really worth reading all the other pages about the mug press

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm going to try and get someone to look at my printer for me, even when I print out text it's still not right, not sure if it's the inks as they came with the printer so I assume there cheap crappy inks and the paper has no English words on so I assume that's just as bad as the inks, I've ordered some new paper and am looking into inks, don't really want to shell out for saw grass inks yet as that may not even be the problem. I'm having a break from it all for a few days as I'm getting more and more frustrated lol :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many variables involved in the sublimation process. I have only recently purchased the equipment for this process and through reading the boards, I was aware that when "troubleshooting" it is good to discount your equipment first and then look at pressure times etc for the cause of problems. You need reliable equipment which produces consistency. Unfortunately the right equipment always costs more initially.
    I would suggest you get the Sawgrass gel ink setup if you can. They make it very easy for beginners to get started producing saleable product.
    Your set up is only as good as the weakest link in the production chain.

Good luck, I'm sure you will prevail

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I have an almost full box of mugs I'm willing to sacrifice to get the temp/time/pressure right, I think I may have to invest in sawgrass as I know they offer support and help as well as the power drive icc combo, I've learnt that a few suppliers don't want to know after they've taken your money. But I know better for next time. Thank you again, I'm determined to make a good mug if it's the last thing I do haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I think I'm starting to get somewhere. I've set my icc up ( thanks Justin ) and my colours are brighter but not as much as I'd like( but it's a starting point) I'm still having trouble with banding on my printouts. It's not major but it's enough to niggle me, could that be due to my ink? It's not a branded ink, I got them from eBay with my set up. I've been reading about ricoh printers and they don't cope well with cheap inks very well do they? Could this be a reason for banding?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Good to hear you're on the right course :-)

I've tested many cheap inks and must are very poor, only one so far that's performing ok.

Banding can be caused by a number of issues, try a head clean and check all head alignments very carefully.

Sawgrass supported option is ideal when you start out everything tends to work out of the box and you have support. That said, it's an expensive option at we'll do our best to get you working!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give that a try :) it's given me a little bit of a lift knowing I might actually get a mug done properly haha. Another question if it OK, do the mugs and paper make much difference to the colour/quality of the end product? I have some pixmax mugs and have noticed that they have little bumps and dots on the surface. I also put them together to see how straight they are and I'm shocked at the gaps in between them, could this be why I'm getting patchy results?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Mugs and paper make a huge difference, those mugs sound awful! Get since decent ones and you'll see the difference. Remind what paper you are using?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using the one that came with my printer but I've brought some from natureinks. They came yesterday so not sure what there like, I only brought a sample pack to test them as I don't really know about the better brands of sublimation stuff, that too I should have researched lol I have found a website called dye sublimation supplys which are not as pricey as I thought

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Get yourself some trupix paper :-)