Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Feedback on my website... pretty please
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-10-2014, 05:59 PM
  2. Feedback on website
    By Mattie in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 12:21 PM
  3. Feedback on my opencart website,
    By s31teg in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 18-08-2013, 04:55 PM
  4. Feedback on my website please
    By Justin in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 28-07-2013, 11:38 PM
  5. Listing vinyl tees on website ..help needed
    By fredster in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Website - feedback needed please

Hi all,

After spending much time toying with the idea of having a crack at it myself I finally paid a developer £600 do design my new website. Please could you take a few minutes to go and have a look at it and let me know what you think good feedback or bad feedback.

http://www.readingprint.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, looks good especially the responsive design adapting to screen size (does it work with custom design tool that you have?) very clean and tidy, load times fairly quick too (expect the product designer i found)

Is this a WP site with FPD?

I do have a couple of suggestion, mostly personal thoughts but will try and explain my reasoning.

Personalised Mug - http://readingprint.co.uk/personalis...rsonalised-mug

No widget to upload image, text or design? unsure if there should be?
    You have copied and pasted BMS text, but they refer to themselves during the description 'BMS Ltd are the only company in the UK to have these sublimation mugs coating in the genuine RN coating ensuring they are totally dishwasher safe' maybe change to Our Supplies are the only...

Or remove completely will a customer care in detail about the coating name, or simply that is dishwasher safe?

Canvas, Slider that appears when you linger over canvas has a typo on left hand side cavnas

http://readingprint.co.uk/canvas/squ...9-image-square

Frame Thickness
    Classic 20mm
    Classic 20mm +£5.00

assuming there should be an option for thicker frame? or an alternative text to this box?

The are 0 products sold, i personally would remove this text, i view it as very negative

Views: these are very high especially when you then compare against the 0 sold text, (why 500 views and no one has bought etc.)

The quote from DSR on your delivery page http://readingprint.co.uk/delivery-information reads quite aggresive and i would probably consider rewriting to a more neutral tone similar to that used in the about-us and product information pages.

I know why you have done it (DSR is a f***ing pain) but again may put off potential customers and may be better suited under T&Cs?

Overall i do like your site though, and would be interested to hear your successes as it progresses.

Pete

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning Pete,

Thank you so much for the feedback on my new website, I have corrected a few of the issues that you pointed out to me. The spelling mistake and the 0 product sold issues are being sorted by the designer, I have removed the mug coating info and moved the bit from dsr to the t&cs section as you pointed out it reads much better in the t&cs section. I do have a question that I posted on this forum hope you can answer it a friend of mine was doing all my product uploads for me as I have been so busy with other parts of the business, I have a cd full of psd images to be put onto mugs all of the images are editable for the customer to add a photo to the psd like a head inside an egg or frame or most wanted poster. So when I create a new product do I upload the psd file?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant imagine you would upload the PSD file, that would be extremely resource intensive.

Do you know what product design tool you have had integrated into your site? Is if FPD?

This is purely speculative and not 100% certain but i would imagine, you will need to create your PSD Template file to some format (assume gif as deals with transparencies), these would then be imported into your product designer, which would then although layering (placing one image behind the other)

Although it would be a dreamy solution, and means you download a completed file and print, and the customer is 100% responsible for the final design it would require alot of work as designer would need to show 100% of the printable area of your mug, and offer multi layer adjustments (assuming some of your psd templates allow multiple options for customisation like a photo behind a wanted poster, and the persons name? etc. )

I think the only solutions that go that far are custom made, or very expensive,

Would suggest for mugs with customization for both image and text that maybe text fields and file uploads would be more suitable, and then you send a proof to customer to confirm, think you would need to edit templates to say TEXT One, TEXT Two, etc

Then have fields on one side to enter

Text One: BLAH BLAH
    Text Two: BLAH BLAH
    Image: Upload Button

Then a disclaimer like,

Reading Print are experienced in creating the very finest custom mugs, and our design team will use their experience and judgement in sizing and positioning your image in the best way possible. Should you wish to receive a proof of your design before we print please click the check box below. Please note, if you request a proof of your design production will be delayed until we receive written confirmation you wish to proceed, please bare this in mind when calculating delivery times.

And then use your designer for customer mugs only looking for some text or image with no complicated layering.

Pete

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi. Your site was not responsive on my phone Samsung s6 do I could only see part of the page..... I thought the image of the adult hoody looked low resolution.... and I couldn't find the design tool. Any customers use it yet?
    Phil
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to agree with logobear

i just dragged and resized browser to see how it coped, and it appears to adapt

it doesn't for mobile users

unsure if responsive template or luck that I never dropped below half a window for size

pete

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thought i recognized the theme - it one of the journal themes...we got same site theme as well, but not the same model/theme number as your one. ;)
    your designer has not done very good job with the images in main body of site....they def not responsive in accordance with the theme.

and his product page images sizes are all wrong to be able to be viewed on mobile device properly....sorry, but only giving you what i can see ;(
    for paying someone 600 smackers its a tad unprofessional finished bud.
    its as if they dont know how to set up the journal theme right in the first place - this theme is a lot more involved than any standard web site themes, and it takes bit of time to learn what does what, before you can attempt to get site up n going...but if he charging you 600 quid, he should know that anyway.

sizes all have to be set up first, before you start to add content
    i done our site myself...took a while to learn about the journal theme, and what it can do..but to hell with paying 600 quid

dont shoot me here...only giving you my view ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Logobear,

Thank you for the feedback on my site I will have to get someone to look into this as I haven't got a clue when it comes to websites lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi bigj2552,

Thank you for the feedback on my website, I had been wondering why I had been getting a lot of hits but no sales. Guess I will have to get someone to have a full look over the site and do me a report on what needs to be done as I haven't got a clue what I am doing when it comes to websites.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think bigj2552 is spot on,

The template is definitely trying to act responsively, your images aren't behaving correctly.

As an example the Photo Slates page appears to increase the image size when you downsize your browser.

Bigj2552, do you specify different image sizes dependent upon size, or should the template resize them?