Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Feedback on my website... pretty please
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-10-2014, 05:59 PM
  2. Feedback on website
    By Mattie in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 12:21 PM
  3. Feedback on my opencart website,
    By s31teg in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 18-08-2013, 04:55 PM
  4. Feedback on my website please
    By Justin in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 28-07-2013, 11:38 PM
  5. Listing vinyl tees on website ..help needed
    By fredster in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reading-Print View Post
    Hi bigj2552,

Thank you for the feedback on my website, I had been wondering why I had been getting a lot of hits but no sales. Guess I will have to get someone to have a full look over the site and do me a report on what needs to be done as I haven't got a clue what I am doing when it comes to websites.

hi bud ;)
    tell him from me - that with this journal theme, sizes MUST be set up FIRST, and properly, before you start adding anything onto the site...otherwise you gonna get what you got now, product pics to big, lots of different bits / boxes on site not responsive etc

by the looks of things, he aint done that....like i said, the journal theme is not like your bog standard web site template.
    there is a lot, and i mean A LOT of pre-installed modules and settings to this beast of a template, it is not something you can just pick up in 10 mins flying through the different bits n bobs.
    good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bigj2552,

Thank you so much for the advice I have emailed him with what you have told me and some other issues that have been picked up, and he has responded that he will look into the issues over the next two days. It's a real pain in the bum having to keep going back and forth to him all the time lol. If I had the time I would try and learn how to do it myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reading-Print View Post
    Hi Bigj2552,

Thank you so much for the advice I have emailed him with what you have told me and some other issues that have been picked up, and he has responded that he will look into the issues over the next two days. It's a real pain in the bum having to keep going back and forth to him all the time lol. If I had the time I would try and learn how to do it myself.

i got a great wee guy who helps me out if i get really stuck with coding...he in hong kong, and sells his modules on opencart site...
    have known him for over 6 yrs now....he not to expensive, but not that cheap either, but he gets to the backside of any web site problems i may have, if needed.

get friends with some of those kind of folk, and it will help you no end with web site development - and it would not have cost you anywhere near 600 quid..trust me, prob about 1/4 of that

have look at our site...this is sort of what you want to look like for the journal theme ...obviously, your one will look different, as you may not have all modules activated, or placed the same as i do, and you also using diff theme number from us, but it will give you idea what it should look like on mobile/tablet, as well as desktop.....our site is fully responsive for all devices.

hang in there...and get the right person who know what they doing with this theme, and it will 100% blow you away with it features.
    hell i have not even scratched the surface with them all, but remember, the more you add, the slower it will become to open / move around.
    this journal theme seems to be very power hungry in the browser department, even with the system & performance setting applied.....

for an idea of this, see subliblanks web site - he using journal theme no 2, and i dont know if he has system performance modules enabled or not within the theme itself, but i find it a tad clunky when i first open his home page, and for surfing around his site is tad clunky as well.
    but it could also be to do with the amount of products he has on site....but it still needs optimized IMHO - not gonna stop me from buying from chris, hell no, but just an observation regarding the journal theme

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    getting a website right takes time, money and patience we found. make sure you havent go categories live with no products in. one of my pet hates. your business cards. either turn off or sort out. but good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for all the feedback, I have also been trying to have a go at doing a website myself over the last few days but I seem to have gone wrong at some point lol, when you enter the web address it comes up with index of and then a list of files? what have I done wrong I am using cPanel and softaculous to install opencart

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    URL?

Would imagine you have copied files to root when installing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the web address is www.readingprint.uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just realised my answer was typed wrong, meant to say *haven't

Your website is installed and located in www.readingprint.uk/ocart2 not www.readingprint.uk

In cpanel create a 301 redirect (there will be a section called redirects) redirecting .uk to .uk/ocart2

Or if this is only a new site and nothing has been changed delete and reinstall to root folder, or move installation but will need to edit configuration files.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open cart forum advises moving to root folder is as easy as

Ok,

If you wish to move your shop to the root of your website the only two files that you have to change are the config.php files founding the following directories...

In you case: http://www.domain/Shop/config.php
    and http://www.domain/Shop/admin/config.php

Simply remove the word shop from the paths.

And move all of the scripts to the root directory keeping the directory structure in place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi PeteO

I have just got it sorted now I think lol well it goes to right place lol