Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Pressing onto these
    By enabled in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 10:40 AM
  2. Post pressing problems
    By paul 44 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 08:20 PM
  3. iPhone Pressing :/
    By Mossy88 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 27-11-2012, 09:09 PM
  4. pressing plaques
    By hakuna in forum Heat Presses
    Last Post: 27-04-2012, 07:58 PM
  5. PROBLEMS with pressing latte mugs
    By PJames in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Last Post: 13-11-2011, 10:19 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with mug pressing.

Good day one and all.

Firstly by way of introduction I am a newbie to printing. I have invested in the cheaper end of the market, I bought a Pixmax bundle from Monstershop as a start but I expect to be upgrading once things kick off!

I have the Ricoh 2100 with refillable inks. I also purchased their ICC profile to go with the ink and I am printing onto Texprint paper. The recommended times and temps were 400 degrees Fahrenheit and 6 minutes. All the YT video I have seen is with protective paper around the mug.

I pressed my first mug And the results were, at best, average. Firstly the protection paper burned as did the back of the printing paper, and the white image area looked warm, presumably from the scorched paper. The text looked a bit fuzzy although I would suggest the pressures were quite high.

The mugs I was printing onto were 10oz Durhams that were given away with the bundle so I do not expect great things from them(one has a damaged surface on the ceramic).

So my question really is, can I be running a lower temperature and timings and would better mugs help?

I will try to post up some images..

In the meantime, many thanks for your attention.

Regards

Richard Butcher

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the Black ink looks a bit brown to me, is this correct?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you read the other threads about these issues. Also have a search regarding the printer you are using as there seem to be a lot of issues with it.
    You will see here the saying "buy cheap, buy twice"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You're going to be up against it with that package. As mentioned above, a quick search will tell you most of what you need. You're overcooking mugs which is why they're going brown etc. 160c for 160secs or 180/180 is a good starting point.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First the ink is chinese its not great but does a job, the next batch MAY not be the same colour (thats most chinese for you, no quality control). The Icc profile this company supply is also pretty suspect . The times for pressing on a mug is generally 180c for 180 seconds on a good ink, however thats 180second when the mug is up to 180C in the mug press, if you start timing when a COLD mug is in this could well be longer but then its not a accurate measuring technique you cant repeat.

If you notice a banding pattern in your prints but nozzle checks are ok then the ink is not viscous enough and is causing these problem which WIL appear on the Mug.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks all for your time and your responses, doesn't look good! I will persevere for a bit longer and test the printer, it would seem that the entry level printer is the RICOH 3110 with sawgrass inks?

The 2100 seems to print OK, I will run some more tests at different temperatures and timings.

Thanks again,

Butch