Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Novachrome Deep Impact 20" x 15" Heat press problem ..
    By Volusian in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 09:54 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 12:27 AM
  3. Sold George Knight DK20S Swing Heat Press 16" x 20" Size
    By Fidget242 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-04-2014, 01:52 PM
  4. Facebook suppliers pages - to "like" or not ??
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 12:45 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its an old engineering apprentice jape - sending the wet behind the ears apprentice to the stores for a floggle pin remover, storeman then engages them in 10 minutes of intense questioning as to what typpe of floggle pins they want to remove before sending them back empty handed to get more information. Five minutes of verbal abuse ensues on the return of the hapless apprentice to the workshop before being told to go back and tell the storeman to stop messing around and just give him the *******ing floggle pin remover and to to be quick about it as we can't wait all day. Apprentice returns to stores and starts throwing his weight about only for the storeman to rip him a new * and telling him to go away and come back when he has a civil tongue in his head. A good team can keep this up all day before it dawns on the witless apprentice that he is once again the butt of the joke.

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh a bit like the old Left handed hammer or the Long weight.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    Ahh a bit like the old Left handed hammer or the Long weight.
    indeed but much more plausible :o)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur.daley View Post
    judging by the number of inappropriate ads I get popping up all over the place i would say it isn't so great from a business perspective.

It may just be me but I suspect that if you really want to annoy people one of the best ways to do so is to splatter their screen with adverts for something they have already just purchased or looked at with a view to purchasing or something totally unrelated

- ie you have just purchased a floggle pin remover on line and now you get a dozen adverts asking if you want to buy a floggle pin remover or telling you that someone else who purchased a floggle pin remover also went on to purchase some wet look leather underwear and a gimp cage and woudln't you like to do so as well? NO!! I don't want a gimp cage and the trust me leather underwear chafes like you wouldn't believe. Worse still is when you look at some jewellery or other high ticket price item for the wifes birthday or christmas prezzie and the decide you can't afford it - what pops up all over the family computer - then she thinks shes getting a £100 pashmena for her birthday when a hand knitted scarf from the blind shop, lovingly crafted by someone who has no idea what colour wool they are using, is nearer the mark :o(

Arthur

I replied to this Arthur, it mustn't have posted for some reason...

Completely agree, it's very annoying when you browse Amazon or Ebay and suddenly it keeps popping up on Facebook; there is something that you can do about this though, if you go into your settings you can check a box to switch the advertisements off. Most people don't know about this, hence they grit their teeth and bear it.

But advertising can be useful to people, if a genuinelly helpful page/product is being advertised. I've spotted some great pages pop up in the 'sponsored' section. I think the trick is not to advertise one single product, that could annoy people if they see the ad twice, but to offer something useful/helpful (useful/helpful information). Then if people like your page or website, they might just buy a product. If they don't it doesn't matter, because you've done something good to help people, and if you sell a product, or two, it's a bonus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are using it because it is incredibly effective. And, as it turns out, cost effective, as this Moz study point out: https://moz.com/ugc/my-story-how-fac...google-adwords.

Being bombarded by ads is never fun, but Facebook ads are usually pretty intelligently designed (or at least the effective ones that actually gain a CTR).

No business should rely only on Facebook or only on Google AdWords, but obviously who you are targeting and how you are doing so differ depending on the marketing medium. But the bottom line is that there are too many people on Facebook for anyone to disregard it as a huge marketing opportunity. Every year Facebook is gaining more and more revenue from people investing in advertising on the social medium, and more and more businesses are increasing their Facebook advertising budget. And this is because it works.
    Last edited by ManicMonday; 15-11-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it may work with all of you bright young things but it irritates the hell out of most of us crusty old farts.

Speaking personally, I actively avoid buying anything that appears on screen as a 'you may also like' or a pop up ad. But then again I am indeed an ever increasingly grumpy old man

Arthur

7. The Following User Says Thank You to arthur.daley For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (15-11-2016)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    But, if we sold a product, that every grumpy old man would really want and wouldn't be able to resist buying, we could use FB adverts to target only grumpy old men in UK and make a load of good sales, and there'd be a load of grumpy old men being slightly less grumpy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    But, if we sold a product, that every grumpy old man would really want and wouldn't be able to resist buying, we could use FB adverts to target only grumpy old men in UK and make a load of good sales, and there'd be a load of grumpy old men being slightly less grumpy!
    A perfect mug for a grumpy old man, could say... 'F*** off Zuckerburg, you nosey b*****d.'

(Actually, that would make a great mug for anyone who values their privacy ).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brightday83 View Post
    A perfect mug for a grumpy old man, could say... 'F*** off Zuckerburg, you nosey b*****d.'

Quick copyright that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brightday83 View Post

Lol I love it! It's a winning idea! I would buy one.