Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Better coasters than unisub 90mm?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 28-06-2016, 12:20 AM
  2. Coaster Boxes
    By House of Logos in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-02-2013, 09:44 AM
  3. Coaster boxes / packaging required
    By Kyebie in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 10:48 AM
  4. Coaster Gift Boxes
    By pisquee in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PVC Mug Boxes (Large) that would also fit a 90mm coaster

Aside from custom boxes, has anyone found any clear acetate boxes suitable for a 10oz mug and coaster (be it on top or to the side)? All the mug boxes we have used are just too small to nicely put a coaster in as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just tested my acetate boxes from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acetate-Pr...qHeJBjNfHltaBA

10oz mug and a 90mm square coaster can go in. I would wrap the coaster in cellophane bag to avoid scuffing. Although the box bends when looking from above. Not perfect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I have a feeling though we have some of these and you're right, they bend a little. We sell mainly to gift shops and perhaps we should bite the bullet and get some made. Issue is that they would require a base in order to hold the mug and slot a coaster into so it is kept in the same place all the time. Rather than stuffing on top or at the back of the box. Bite have to do some gift shop research to find something similar and then hunt down their supplier!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tried 2 different acetates and both fit the mug and 90mm coaster in. This was with the coaster standing upright and at an angle. Where the handle of the mug sits into the corner of the acetate, that is where the coaster started and then goes back toward the body of the mug sitting snug against it so no movement. Not sure if the positioning works for you but no distortion of box and everything stays in place.

The whole abolve scenario can be thrown out depending on mug style as well as some handle are far bigger and also mugs. There is a larger acetate available as well which leaves around 10mm clearance above and to the side of the mug so loads of room. Just have the problem of keeping everything where you want it then though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

UK Printed Mugs (25-08-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Andrew, thank you for checking. Which acetates (which supplier) did you use? We have actually approached a UK manufacturer to get a quote for a proper gift box which will hold everything in place as well. So frustrating when you find a mug&coaster gift pack in a nice box "made in china" for less than the cost of the blanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a manufacturer in UK who's prices compete with most Chinese but need to get 5k each time. I get 2 sizes off them but they can make any card or acetate box needed. One of the boxes I checked though was Listawood if you want an off the shelf solution. Their acetate is just about the same size as my standard one so I use them as a back up if required.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have had some amazing samples in today for a acetate clear mug and coaster gift set that were based on our requirements. They have the ability to hold a 10oz durham mug, 8oz bone china mug or 8oz tall porcelain mug (using different footer insert) along with a coaster. We haven't though yet talked prices with the manufacturer but we know that larger volumes meaning smaller unit prices. Therefore if anyone would like to talk with us about buying these from us (in bulk not low numbers please e.g. > 500) then PM me and once we know prices we can let you know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got a sample of a signzworld acetate/ It fits a coaster and a big ugly 11oz mug, but is a lot smaller than your sample. Can you pm me some prices for those?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi. This was a little while ago and we decided not to go ahead at this stage with these. We designed them and had samples made but far too expensive for less than a few thousand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame we couldn't all get together and buy in bulk as a kind of club. So if there were, say, 10 members wanting boxes but each wanted different quantities, there could be an order for 1000 but one wants 500, another wants 200, another wants 20 and so on.
    I would like a particular mug box design but there's no way I could afford to buy in bulk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk