Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who does your Seo?

Hi all

I had a guy do my website and since he has completed it I have had a few problems with it, first off he said it was fully responsive but turned out not to be he has since sorted it (so I was told) he had also told me that he had optimized all my web pages and done seo meta tags ect. I have to keep going back and forth to him if I want anything done as I haven't got a clue on coding of a website. I signed up for a ssl certificate that should be ready in a few days with 123-reg.com who I purchased my domain name from and I also signed up for there seo optimizer only to find out my website had a seo rating of only 24% seo ready loads of meta tags and page descriptions missing. Spent best part of today trying to find out what else is not right. Now I have lost faith in this guy I am looking for some advice on who would be good to look the seo for my website?

Regards

Damian

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi Damian,

i have probably mentioned before but give my chap a call/email,

craig mitchell

t. 01242 279403 | m. 07766 253342info@craigpauldesign.co.uk

very good and reasonable.

calvinabc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tell him i sent you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive done many seo courses a lot of the things these apps look for google no longer looks for. META tags for example no longer hold any sway with Google search engine algorithm, important stuff these days is content, content is king as they always say. H1 headers h2 etc title tags if you use workdpress. If you use workdpress get the seo tools for it . its not too hard to be fair just takes time .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Google likes social media links, reviews and for you to pay for ads. It can be done yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question wasn't what Google likes, it was who does your SEO. If you don't have time for it, there are plenty of people out there selling their services who can handle it for you. I have found though that I am way too much of a control freak for that. So the "who" in this case is me. I will warn you though, this is something that is always changing, and because of this, it is something that you always have to keep on top of. So you can't just optimize your website once and then think it's ok. It's an ongoing process.

That also means that it takes quite a bit of time and energy. I would suggest that you take some online tutorials if you want to learn to do it yourself. That's mostly how I have learned. Tutorials and a whole lot of reading. The Google blog also always has the latest updates for you. They outline extensively exactly what their algorithm is looking for, so this information is invaluable.

Mostly the changes you are going to have to make to your site are content based, like what another poster mentioned. Optimized content is weighted really heavily. Your website design and layout and how functional and maneuverable it is are also highly weighted.

Ultimately, when it comes to who does your SEO it all depends on budget - both time and money.

It's not incredibly difficult to learn. That being said, making any changes to your web content will require you to have access to your CMS. So maybe (if you want to learn to do it on your own) your first step is figuring out what your web designer used and learn how to navigate that CMS so that you can make changes. It may be that you don't need to learn any coding to be able to make changes (for example if this person designed your site using WordPress).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My primary business and where most of my time is spent, is my Digital Marketing Agency - focusing the vast majority of our resources, efforts and strategies in SEO.

I've started an SEO topic here for anyone wishing to ask any questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...198#post119198