Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printing Money ?
    By ck1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 24-02-2013, 05:30 PM
  2. Money Box blanks
    By harlequeen in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-11-2011, 05:18 PM
  3. Sold Sub Money Boxes x 6
    By Lee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21-07-2011, 11:21 AM
  5. Epson D120 issues - I have two of them, each with different issues!
    By barryslip in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive done probably 15 money boxes and always done them the same as mugs 180 and 180. Never had 1 problem?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've done a lot of money boxes and they can be a pain in the butt, mainly due to the barreling at the bottom. We've shrunk our money box designs significantly due to this. On the cheapo money boxes, make sure the press isn't too tight, just light pressure, otherwise the texture of the press can transfer to the money box.

Currently using the cheaper ones which are a bit rubbish to be fair compared to the BMS ones which are heavier and the best we've had but that's reflected in the price of course. Like was mentioned though the BMS ones are still out of stock so they're currently irrelevant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    At first, cracking was the problem. I solved this by using Longforte money boxes and pre-heating them to 110 deg C for 4 minutes in a second mug press before pressing at 180/180 in my main press. I could still hear odd ones cracking, even while pre-heating, but there were no visible cracks on the Longforte ones and the finished product seemed robust enough.

However, the cracking hasn't been the only problem I've had, as posted above, and sadly I'm going to have to call it a day with these, as nice as they look when successful.

The ones that have turned out well are perfectly printed so I'm assuming my temps/times/pressures are all ok, but there's nothing I can do with pinholes and black specks in the glaze or the poorly finished (sometimes off-centre too) slots. As for distortion, it's not just barrelling that's the problem, they seem uneven over the whole surface and some are tighter in the press than others, making me suspect the actual diameters of the items.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 25-10-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's wierd, I've never had one crack ever. Not fussy with them either, from straight in a cold press up to 180 for 180 or straight in at 180 for 180.

Due to the barelling I've been know to turn them and put them straight back for a second 180 seconds too until I'm happy they've taken.

I'm currently using what's left of a batch of these ...... not blown away by them compared to the BMS ones but they are a decent finish with none of the problems you seem to have, just very lightweight ....... although we tend to send them to the US mainly so the weight is probably a good thing. http://www.subliblanks.com/36x-subli...ch=money%20box

We're just swapping to Listawood for mugs though so will probably get the next ones from there. If only someone could make a money box without the barreling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off topic but the flasks are a total joke. They resemble a pyramid more than a flask