Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New here, question about printing onto iPhone covers..
    By DJG in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 10:56 PM
  2. Gym bags printing on both sides question
    By cakeboy in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-08-2013, 08:47 AM
  3. T-shirt printing Design - Question
    By chris_hosk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
  4. Printing on tshirts question
    By cardman in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-01-2012, 08:12 PM
  5. Quick question re. Printing Preferences
    By Georgestreets in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 10:45 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 1st Question on Printing

Hi,

I am having problems with my final image before printing ( Attached screenshots )

When I use custom ICC profile (Cityinks) the image changes purple/blue, when I change Printer Profile from ICC to Adobe RGB (keeping all other settings) it's perfect on print preview but prints very dark.

I have read on here Cityink ain't the best inks or there ICC profile service, can this be the problem?

Just to add paper from Natureinks & Epsom WF2510

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have changed so many of my clients from city ink inks, its chinese ink its inconsistant batch to batch and poor quality. I have some here i was looking at and had tested for content. if you buy non branded ink please do not expect good results. Also if profiling make sure the person doing it used high end spectrophotometry and not some cheap glorified monitor calibrating device. Also you should be able to get a custom profile from any quality ink supplier if not look elsewhere, service is more important then the fraction of a penny saved by buying cheap inks.

You should always use adobe rgb as your prin method but again thats down to the printers colour space whic is down to the inks and paper type selected

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mags1892 For This Useful Post:

JaBBa (28-09-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried changing the rendering indent to perceptual. Try to ensure you use the same rendering indent you used to print the colour swatch for profiling.
    Is your monitor calibrated correctly, what colour space are you using in photoshop, what settings are you using for soft proofing, are any of the colours out of gamut. Have you turned off colour correction in the printer settings, is the nozzle check ok.
    City inks usually use a third party for their icc profiles, try contacting them and getting a second one done if the results are not as anticipated. Print the colour swatch on the paper you are going to use from natureinks.
    You should always use adobe rgb as your prin method
    kinda defeats the point of getting an icc profile done
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daviddeer For This Useful Post:

JaBBa (28-09-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @daviddeer

Using a HD ready 32'' tv

What colour space are you using in photoshop....Aint a clue

What settings are you using for soft proofing....Ain't a clue

Are any of the colours out of gamut...Ain't a clue

Have you turned off colour correction in the printer settings, is the nozzle check ok...Yes

I feel its a setting somewhere on Photoshop,going by the Print preview.

Was getting worried 50 odd views and no replies lol...
    Last edited by JaBBa; 28-09-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you have to have an icc. Adobe is the start point icc for the printet is the destination we have in the middle a PCS profile connection space of LAB . For lessons on colour management i dont charge too much ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mags1892 For This Useful Post:

JaBBa (01-10-2016)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK open your image in photoshop as an rgb image (edit - assign profile - adobe rgb (1998)) and then select view - proof setup - custom and select your icc profile from the drop-down list with the correct rendering indent
    Then select view - gamut warning the out of gamut colours will show as grey patches.
    This should show a soft proof of the image with your profile applied.
    I would really suggest you get the monitor calibrated as many people have it set too bright. I am not sure a television is going to give you the best results it would be preferable to use a monitor. Even the most basic monitor calibrator is better than nothing.
    As a stopgap you could turn down the brightness of the screen to match the printout and then adjust the brightness of the image to suit. But it will be a bit hit and miss.
    Why not take mags1892 up on her offer of training. I've been colour managing for printers and print shops for over ten years now and it has been a very rewarding career. The initial training was the best £1500 I ever spent.
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice

10. The Following User Says Thank You to daviddeer For This Useful Post:

JaBBa (01-10-2016)

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mags is a HE ;). its a Geordie reference mate. lol. I do offer profiling help my main business is very large format so i tend to do installs of things like huge flat bed UV and Slvent printers as well as massive colour on reggiani and onalisa printers etc. Most of the time its all with a RIP like caldedra wasatch efi et al. But I have very expensive Xrite colour management kit and sofftware fro various sources to get the correct. the main issue with homeusers is crap ink colour is ok at first then the next batch is a colour change chinese have no qualitycontrol they really do not care that much.