Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Weight of travel mugs
    By harlequeen in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2015, 07:49 AM
  2. Where to get decent weight blank sub tshirts?
    By Ghostman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 07:50 AM
  3. heavy weight business cards
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-07-2014, 11:29 AM
  4. BMS or similar Polymer Mug weight?
    By WorthDoingRight in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-07-2012, 02:55 PM
  5. Is this worth it's weight in ....
    By Miss Angel in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the info on Listawood website - it says not dishwasher safe!
    I personally wouldnt feel comfortable selling a mug that doesn't last.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking at the info on Listawood website - it says not dishwasher safe!
    I personally wouldnt feel comfortable selling a mug that doesn't last.
    No it doesn't

It does say that it is not as durable as the Duraglaze mugs and to cover themselves they put hand wash only, but it does not say they are not dishwasher safe. If that were the case then the tens of thousands that I have printed would have been returned to me, but as of today I have not had one complaint.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The budget mugs (B grade) have a coating defect do they not?
    From my understanding the budget mug is a different coating to the DURAGLAZE and simply put, is not as durable. They do not have defects (or any that I have noticed), they just have a cheaper coating that does not last as long as their premium Duraglaze mug. However it is certainly good for a few years as mugs in my cupboard will testify.

LTW B Grade mugs usually have a defect on the actual mug, there could be a small bubble in the coating or a very tiny chip. Some of the b grade mugs I have seen would be more than acceptable for the end customer, but that is a judgement only you guys can make.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's ok, I confused the B grade with the budget mugs.

"The B Grade mug has a small imperfection under the coating that can be easily covered during the decoration process. This will not affect the overall finish of the decorated product."

I'm fed up discarding mugs, on the search for the perfect mug...trying Listawood again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As with all mugs with a similar coating, our budget mug is not as durable as our best selling Duraglaze® PhotoMug, but it is recommended for budget sensitive promotions and recommended for hand washing only. If dishwasher durability is essential please opt for the Duraglaze® mug.
    I'd take that as "not dishwasher safe"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your interpretation of something is different to stating what it actually does say though.

All I can go on is that I have printed tens of thousands of the budget mug and not one has ever come back, if that means "not dishwasher safe" I will take that risk. I think you will find that it actually means if you want the mug to last a lifetime (like their Duraglaze) then they recommend hand wash only.

Instead of putting the product down, why not ask for a sample, print it and stick it in your dishwasher, you will soon see that these are as good as pretty much any other mug sold. However if you prefer not to then don't sample it, it makes no odds to me :-)

I will say that I did purchase the Duraglaze mugs once for a specific client. This client is a care home and the mugs were constantly in and out of an industrial dishwasher, hence I recommended the better coating. The client did complain about the roughness inside though which I do not get from the Budget.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your info SG - its always good to hear about other mugs/products that could be an alternative to what's already being used. I have tried other mugs - but I have to be honest, I was put off when I read their description. I may give them a go but test them with a few cycles in a dishwasher first.

I tried a few cases of the BMS Durham style mugs (offered with free delivery) and I don't like them as much as the Euro type. They print fine, but sides must be off as they're a bugger to get the image running straight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got a box of the European mugs from BMS recently for my client. I was convinced that was the mug they would go for, the inside of the mug is nicer and in my opinion it "sits" right. But they chose the budget from LTW, which is good news for me because a) they are cheap, b) they are just up the road and c) its the mug I usually supply and print.

If anyone asks me what mug do I prefer to print then for consistently good results it has to be the budget Durham from LTW. It just prints better than any other mug (including their Duraglaze) in my humble opinion.

However I do appreciate that the print is not the only decider. I do think LTW are doing themselves a disservice by calling it a budget mug and stating hand wash only. It would be worth getting some samples and having a go, would be interesting to hear your feedback because I might be missing something :-)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would be nice to know how many washes they would last. 800, 1000, 2000..that's maybe 2 years of washing. The mug would be dropped or chipped before then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A year or 2 ago I found out that what they were advertising as their budget coating was actually Orca. They play down how good they are as they want their Duraglaze to be seen as the industry leading coating and push that. Before this time (few years ago) I found out that the Duraglaze was actually RN coating rebranded. Not a bad thing as RN was regarded as the best, but shows they have been working hard on establishing Duraglaze as a major brand but only they have access to. Not sure if Duraglaze is now different but I have no doubts it is still up there...... but so is Orca. Very little difference. B grade they actually class as a Decorators Mug which is used in volume runs.