Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Looking for Nike Tops
    By mrs maggot in forum Clothing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-04-2015, 04:14 PM
  2. Polo Tops
    By Bob @ Prestige in forum Hints & Tips
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-12-2014, 11:14 PM
  3. print and cut vinyl for tops
    By ADP in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-09-2012, 12:26 AM
  4. Football tops
    By John G in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-08-2010, 11:29 AM
  5. Ladies strappy tops
    By Kaz in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember this came up before, but I got caught up in a mountain of work and couldn't reply. From memory I had collected up a few examples where people got done for reproducing copyrighted material despite their waivers and disclaimers. I decent lawyer could argue that it is ok to do it, but it doesn't mean that a judge will agree with him!

I may disagree with my own reply above because footballers have image rights and naming rights, but I doubt this falls into it.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It all depends on how you advertise your company and the product, that is the crux of the matter.

Fair point on the judge though and I agree, although I am yet to find a lawyer that would take it on.

When we discussed this previously, as I mentioned then, the printer is not there to check copyright permission on everything that they are asked to print, this would be impossible to monitor. It is the responsibility of the person who is contracting the printer to print their items. If it were not the case I would be out of business in days. I print a couple of hundred items everyday through one of my sites, it would take far too much time to check copyright on every single purchase and very impractical.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would depend on your client I suppose, so you would have to use your judgement. A PR company supplying a professional photo file to be printed of Gareth Bale or Joe Bloggs walking off the street with a photo of him from ebay.

I'm probably repeating myself, but a London pro photo printers passed all responsibility onto the client in their TOS stating that all legal fees would be paid by the client in any copyright court proceedings.

The other example was a guy in India offering a photocopying service to reproduce text books for educational purposes, but got prosecuted after the publishers chased him.