Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Adobe Photoshop CS2 Legacy version
    By Scotty@BMS in forum Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2016, 12:12 PM
  2. Photoshop cs5 version 8.0
    By Mathew in forum Software
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-01-2015, 09:22 AM
  3. Wanted Full version of flexi
    By Lynne in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:53 PM
  4. new version of powerdriver for Ricoh!
    By spongerobinson in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-05-2014, 11:06 PM
  5. Updating Opencart Version
    By Justin in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for older version of Coreldraw that will run on Windows 10

Long time away from the forum due to health issues, now on the mend and need to get back into things.

I have been using Wilcom Decostudio for the past few years (includes Coreldraw X4). Well due to a lightning strike my trusty HP desktop is now a non desktop (blew the motherboard,was all connected with surge protectors except the Ethernet which it found its way through). Had to go to PC World for replacement and all their stuff comes with Windows 10 (which I loath by the way) and not wanting to invalidate the warranty have to stick with this for the next 12 months.
    Anyway back to the point in hand Decostudio 1.5e WILL NOT run on Windows 10. I can do without the embroidery side of things but miss Coreldraw so I wondered if anyone had a version for sale that will run on this OS platform.

Thanks
    Sharon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an old version of Corel 12 that is a copy with codes. I can post it to you with a return envelope if you want. I don't know if it works with Windows 10 though.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just spoken with the IT department next door.
    Apparently it might be possible to use this program with Windows 10. Right click on the Wilcom program icon and go to properties . Somewhere in this window you can ask windows to use a previous version to open the program.
    It was explained to me but it got a little lost in translation and the fact that I am not computer literate.
    I hope it helps you open X4.

And your heath issues are sorted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    I have an old version of Corel 12 that is a copy with codes. I can post it to you with a return envelope if you want. I don't know if it works with Windows 10 though.
    Thanks for the offer Iain. I have a full version of 12 and whilst installation works, program crashes when I import any images. I've exhausted all avenues and nothing seemed to work. Did I mention I loath Windows 10 ;-)

sharon
    Last edited by draig; 14-10-2016 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Crappy keyboard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Just spoken with the IT department next door.
    Apparently it might be possible to use this program with Windows 10. Right click on the Wilcom program icon and go to properties . Somewhere in this window you can ask windows to use a previous version to open the program.
    It was explained to me but it got a little lost in translation and the fact that I am not computer literate.
    I hope it helps you open X4.

And your heath issues are sorted.
    Hi Earl, thanks for that but windows 10 comes up with a nice little message that states this software is not compatable and won't allow installation at all. Vented to Wilcom what I thought of them and their tactics which made me feel a bit better. Yes I can upgrade to Decostudio 3 which comes with CD6 but why when it doesn't offer more than what I need, except for a working program that is ;-).

Comes and goes it's all based around nervous system - ces't la vie.

sharon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upgrade for 1,500 pounds no doubt. I use Embroidery Studio 1, the first version. It does everthing I need and more. Dreading the day when I have to buy a windows 10 computer when my present one crashes.
    Maybe you could build a computer with W7 and use the new one just for internet. ???
    Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im on windows 10 and i am using X6 on my main PC and X7 on my 10 laptop - no issues apart from the yellow screen which i have dealt with
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried running Decostudio in compatibility mode? If you right click on the shortcut and go to properties there is a "compatibility" tab where you can choose to run the program in a mode more suitable for a previous version of windows - even going back to windows 95. Try this first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    im on windows 10 and i am using X6 on my main PC and X7 on my 10 laptop - no issues apart from the yellow screen which i have dealt with
    No doubt a "pure" Corel X4 would run on windows 10 . The Corel program that Draig has is part of a Wilcom program that only runs with a dongle. And annoyingly this Wilcon program will not run on W10, even under compatibility mode.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh ok, i just thought if they were looking for versions that will work on W10 i could confirm that X6 does just fine
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.