Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printing wrapping paper - printer and paper?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2016, 08:30 AM
  2. What type of paper do I tell the printer I;m using?
    By adamctid in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-11-2014, 04:22 PM
  3. Best ink and paper for Brother Printer
    By Bren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 12:16 PM
  4. Best printer for transfer paper?
    By Glenn73 in forum Printers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:04 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printer sttings and Paper

Hi guys just another quickie, I would to know what printer settings and what paper people are using to print not only Mugs but also polyester shirts,
    I have been watching you tube vids and their pics come out amazing but they never ever say what settings they have used toget the results, and when I try it on a polyester shirt the colurs are dull and not very vibrant,

I am using normal sublimation paper and printing from a Ricoh SG3110dn Printer with Sublimation inks in it
    but not sure of what settings or papers would be best to use, so anyone know of good settings and paper to use

any help or advice would be great

thanks

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I assume you're using Sawgrass inks in the 3110? If so, the Powerdriver should take care of that for you. Even if you're not using SG inks the support on their website will show you how to set up software to print :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trupix paper. I use 190 degrees for 55 seconds on clothing and 170 degrees for 55 seconds on mugs. However different presses/substrates (mine are BMS mug press and Stahls Maxx flat press)will require different times/temps. Trial and error will determine what's best for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Justin and Roger for the reply will check it out and see, and Roger is that what you use for polyester clothing and/or coton ?

thanks again

Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo6250 View Post
    Thanks Justin and Roger for the reply will check it out and see, and Roger is that what you use for polyester clothing and/or coton ?

thanks again

Paul
    That's for sublimation ...so polyester. For other materials I use Siser PU vinyl 165 degrees 20 seconds...medium pressure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just tried printing on Truepix paper with my Ricoh sg3110dn and had the temp set at 190 for 40 seconds and the print has come out sort of faded not really as bright or colourful as the picture so must be doing something wrong but will keep trying

Thanks
    Paul

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul. What Justin said is a key. Do you use sawgrass inks and powerdriver? Or any other ink but with correct icc?
    What is your substrate? Is it 100% polyester?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Substrate is 100 polyester and I am using sublimation ink with refillable cartridges not Genuine sawgrass inks and using either the Power driver software and the normal printer settings its the pictures on the mugs and the shirts are not vibrant enough

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you're saying you are or aren't using the Powerdriver? Powerdriver is just a profile management system so won't be suitable for your setup, do you have a custom made icc profile?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin I am using the power driver as I am also printing onto Mugs and the polyester shirts, but the inks I get are from cityink express and are meant to be sublijet r inks I use the power driver to tell the printer I am printing on to trupix paper and its for whatever substrate I am printing to shirts, mouse mats, mugs etc,