Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Payment processing
    By AJLA in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-01-2013, 04:09 PM
  2. payment gateways
    By bigj2552 in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 22-08-2012, 11:51 AM
  3. accepting payment
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-12-2011, 10:48 AM
  4. payment gateway???
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 08:09 PM
  5. Paypal...Payment etc...
    By Lee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin, we started with world pay. what a nightmare. it was misold to us in the beginning. we pay for sagepay upfront for a year. saves a bit. the sage accounts are great aswell. and if you do all your invoicing through that is much more streamlined. and it will do all your VAT returns for you.

speak to joanne charlton at sage pay sales. very good. few hickups were soon sorted over the phone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Will look at Sage, don't need their online accounts as we use Xero though.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I now have the SSL in place, painless as always with my brilliant host company :-) It appears for anyone that doesn't already know, there's been changes in the SSL industry and they'll be available for nothing next year anyway.

Back to the payments options. Had a few emails back and forth with Stripe, seems to be pretty straightforward and costs are the lowest I've found. They can't confirm integration with Opencart is straight forward but I found a few cheap'ish modifications that appear to do this. PayPal have also been in touch, all be it a slower process. I know I'd be paying a monthly fee and the % is over double so not so attractive, the positives being they pay out immediately (Stripe is seven days) and integration appears to be in OC already.

Anyone got experience of either provider please?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my two cents...

I've been an ecommerce developer for seventeen years (my own software) and most of our clients were using WorldPay when they came to us, because there were very few options available to them at the time when they started selling online. They found that they were getting more and more clawbacks, plus their rates were too high, so we wrote a Protx (now SagePay) gateway for them. All of them switched over and have never had any issues since making the move - no clawbacks whatsoever, and the rates are low enough that they barely even notice the outlay. PLUS they have PayPal integration as part of their system so if anyone did want to use their PayPal account, they have the option of doing so through SagePay.

We've since integrated the UPG payment solution, but the one client that we wrote it for hasn't used it for long enough to know whether it's working well for them. They couldn't use SagePay as their business is located in France and, even though their base is now in the UK, SagePay wouldn't let them trade in Euros when they're working from the UK, even though all of their seven bricks-and-mortar businesses are in France. Their initial preference was to use SagePay, and it's definitely the one I would recommend to all our clients.

I honestly can't recommend SagePay enough. I can't speak for their customer support system, as I've never had to use it since all integrations have been flawless and taken only a few days from filling in the form to the point where they're taking money through their site.

Hope this helps

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    My website has been live for some time, I'm about to start advertising it locally and expect sales to start all being well.

At the moment I simply have PayPal connected in, this is fine but I do feel that despite not having to have an account it may put some folk off. I'd prefer a more straight forward 'enter card details' approach and wondered what might be the best service to use? Is there a different interface for PayPal maybe?

I was looking at Stripe or Paymentsense as monthly costs are low for lower volumes but wondered if any of the built in services would be better, SagePay, WorldPay etc. presumably I have to apply for an account with these?

Appreciate any advice form folk already taking payments this way :-)
    Hey Justin, that's exciting! I would caution though not to launch with only one payment option. I experienced this once where I was shopping on a site and they only offered PayPal as a payment option. I felt so disappointed. Not only had I wasted my time (since you can't know about payment options until you are checking out) and of course I also got excited about these items and then couldn't buy them in the end. The experience made me completely give up on this site.

Along with PayPal, it is always good to offer the major credit card brands. Offer verified by Visa and Mastercard options. A lot of e-wallets are also very popular right now and good to include (Google Wallet, Apple Pay).

Here is a recent article published by Ecommerce Platforms comparing payment gateways. Could be a helpful read for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've gone with Stripe for the time being. No monthly fees and very low % on sales. Very easy to setup and test. Fingers crossed this will work well for me :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! Glad to hear you found a solution. Let us know how it goes.